BZPB

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

9 Crazy Months

Ferret-X
    Ferret-X
    Resident Webcomics Expert

Coins : 10819

9 Crazy Months Empty 9 Crazy Months

Post by Ferret-X Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 am

Heh, silly little genfic about the kids of one of SageOfMagic's and another guy who isn't on BZPB's characters from an old RP I write periodically XD. Some things may be subject to change later.

---

Monday 7 PM
    Lalaith

Lalaith paced in the lobby before the interview. It was the last office on her checklist, and actually hadn’t even been there when they day began. In an attempt to get her mind off of just how bored she was the blonde foxgirl recalled all the many things that had gone wrong over the course of the day...

The morning had started out pleasant enough. She’d woken up first in her family as usual and by the time she got back from her morning excercise her little sister Riel had finished making breakfast. After wolfing down her meal, but before she could run out the door her mom handed her a list of paper with various times for job interviews and a look. You know the mom look that says “sweetie, you’re in your 20s it’s time to get back to school or get a job” So, with a shrug (not liked she’d been plannning to do much of anything today anyway) she’d gone to the places on the list.

The first one had been some sort of secretary job. After giving her ragged jeans a dubious look they asked if she could make coffee. So, she’d made coffee...how was she supposed to know turning the heat all the way up to make it boil faster would make it blow up...all over the CEO who’d just walked behind her...and somehow leaving her unscathed? Stupid coffee oughta come with warning labels...or did it? She hadn’t actually stopped to check come to think of it.

Then, as she walked from that one hands in her pockets, stopping to wave at some kids on skateboards she knew and desperately wished she could hang with rather then running around on this waste of time...a car pulled up. She was pretty sure it was an expensive one. But, damn the paint was shiny! She could see her face in it and it was distorted all funny. She amused herself by making faces until she was startled by someone clearing their throat through an open window.

“What?” She’d asked blue eyes innocently wide.

“Ms...Lalaith. If you are quite finished we may have business proposition for you.” Curiously she peered in the plush interior of the car past the tinted windows. and at the leather seats. The guy talking was some dude in a suit with sunglasses and otherwise looked totally nondescript.

“You know, I’m not allowed to be a hooker. I checked. Government conspiracies I’m game for, but I have to do all the stuff my mom arranged first.”

“Ah, what?” The suit looked nonplussed. Lalaith repressed the urge to smirk which would break her innocent facade.

“Nope, because when my mommy was bugging me to get a job, my brother Taure said that I wouldn’t even be able to get a job as a hooker, and then my mom said that no child of hers was going to be hooking and she’d rather I freeload forever instead, and I guess you could be gangsters too. Are you gangsters?”

By this point Lalaith could make out the guys eyes wide behind the sunglasses.

“Uh, no, Miss, we’re not gangsters, uh well look just show up at the place and time and explain it all there Igottago!” Before parting he’d handed her a piece of paper. She’d unfolded it and the time was conveniently enough after her last interview should be over, but not late enough she’d miss dinner. Really it wasn’t any more suspicious then anything else in the whole affair though so she’d dropped it in the trash can and moved on.

The other interviews had gone similar to the first one in various ways. Accidentally broken computer, more exploding coffee, run in with a kid she’d beaten up once for picking on Taure who wanted a rematch...point is she didn’t get any of the jobs.

With a shrug and the thought of “What’s the worst that can go wrong” she’d gone to the location on the piece of paper. The receptionist hadn’t even looked up. Just said “have a seat Ms. Lalaith. Someone will be with you eventually.” She’d tried sitting but quickly tired of it but led to her current situation. Pacing and calisthenics. That and the clock in the corner was 1 minute and 20 seconds slow, didn’t anybody notice these things?

Finally, finally the receptionist called to her “Ms. Lalaith, follow me and I’ll take you to the interview room.”
    For one of the few times in her life Lalaith felt slightly self-conscious about her appearance as she followed behind the woman. The lady was gorgeous sure, with red heels and long legs and curves in all the right places...but what put Lalaith off was the feeling of elegance the woman exuded. Compared to her Lalaith felt gawky and out of place in the elegant walls with her oversized t-shirt and jeans both so ripped up her mom required her to wear leggings underneath before leaving the house. She wished it wasn’t late enough that running away would be cowardly. They’d probably just want her for some stupid desk job she’d hate and it’s not like it was one her mom had set up for her so she wouldn’t be in trouble if she didn’t at least try.

“Ms. Lalaith? We’re here.” The secretary gave a her a haughty look as she walked away her heels tik-tikking on the floor as Lalaith stared at the door. Taking a deep breath she let herself in.

It was...just another room in much the the aesthetic as the lobby. Cold flourescents and white tile with white paint. In contrast the desk was matte black. The man behind it was hard to get an exact read on his appearance, but the main thing that came across was a sense of being the biggest thing in the room. She squinted trying to shake off the aura, but as she was no kind of magician it was kinda pointless. Not for the first time she wished that magic wasn’t quite so boring to learn.

“So, you may be wondering why you were called here today” the man behind the presence stated.

She shrugged “Right now I’m more curious about the whole aura thing you have going on.”

He chuckled a bit. “Very well then. I suppose I’ll turn it down for your benefit Ms. Lalaith.” After a moment the effect was mostly subsided leaving behind a rather unremarkable looking old man in posession of a magnificient moustache. “Though young lady, I am rather curious as to why you aren’t more suspicious.”

She scratched an ear “Thanks. Well, the way I figure it you’re some kind of shadowy secret organization, so clearly you already know that I’m great at athletics, my mom is a sage-in-training, and my dad is a half-elf half-vampire. It’s not like any of that stuff is secret.”

“...that still doesn’t explain why you aren’t suspicious.”

She grinned “Because you’ve probably recognized my unique skills and are offering me a job as some sort of secret agent and that’d be, SO COOL!!!” Her fox tail wagged a bit.

He raised an eyebrow “Congratulations you guessed an approximation of what you’d be hired to do here. Now, come here tomorrow morning at 6 o’clock and we’ll begin your training.

Lalaith perked up at that “Are you saying I’m hired?”

“No, not as of yet, but you have passed this section of the hiring process.”

“Thanks mister!” With that she practically flew out of the office running home to report the good news to her mother.

After she left an elvish woman with dark hair poked her head out from the ceiling tiles. “Are you sure it’s alright pops? Letting a woman like that in?”
    He bemusedly stared up at the intruder “You know Valeria, she’s not any worse then you were when you first started. Actually, overall she scores better on most of the criteria.”

“Tch, I’m not talking about that.” Valeria did a flip down from the ceiling and adjusted her dress. “It’s the naivety. Girl’s gonna get herself hurt and upset agents suck at their jobs.”

The moustachioed man’s blue-green eyes twinkled as a wide grin spread across his face “Well then, oh lovely Valeria thank you for volunteering to train her.”

Valeria’s face twisted “Well, I guess I walked right into that one. Smell ‘ya later old fart, I’m going to go re-review the kid’s files if I’m gonna be stuck with her.” With that she went out the door, and the old man collapsed in silent laughter.

Heat
    Heat
    Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh

Coins : 33903

Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    9 Crazy Months Left_bar_bleue0/09 Crazy Months Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

9 Crazy Months Empty Re: 9 Crazy Months

Post by Heat Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 pm

pfhahahahahaha. Nice, Ferret. I'll be looking forward to more!
    Ferret-X
    Ferret-X

Post by Ferret-X Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks DRJ <3 I got the first four chapters written, I just don't want to post them all at once cuz that's a lot of words x.x

--

Monday 9:32 AM
    Taure

Taure stared in disbelief at the grade on his research paper that he’d gotten back after class. It was a 99. Him. Getting a 99. Inconceivable it was. Had to be a mistake. Had to be. Quickly he went to get the professor’s attention.

“Excuse me, Professor Scriven? I think there’s a problem. If we’re on a curve how did my paper get a mere 99?”

The professor a youngish woman who looked like she’d age into a librarian that was the stuff of nightmares sighed and adjusted her glasses “Obviously because someone did better then you Taure.”

“Who? I demand to know who managed to get a better grade then I!”

She shrugged “3 seats over to your left and 5 behind.”

Glaring he looked behind at the scurrilous egghead who dared do better then him...instead of the hopeless poindexter he was expecting what greeted his gaze was a buxom female with dark hair and a tan sucking on a lollipop as she checked her cellphone absently. Quickly he recounted the desks, but no the girl was still who he came up with. Awkwardly he made his way over to her.

“Hey, you did better then me on the research paper.”

She didn’t look up, the bracelets on her wrists jingling as she texted. “Oh, did I?”

“Yes dammit!” He took a deep breath and scratched behind his head. “Look, that’s, uh never happened before. You must be very smart.”

“No, really.”

“And, um I was wondering...do you, uh want to study sometime?”

“Hm?” She looked down her glasses at him before slipping them off and into her purse in the same motion she stood up elegantly. She stood quite a bit taller then him (not that that was any great achievement), but a quick glance down revealed that a good chunk of her height was a rather impressive set of heels.

“Why, pray tell should I study with you of all people when I just finished sending a text to my friend Kayleigh Mills who was in tears after you made a rather unfortunate comparison between her and a mannequin when all she’d done was tell you she had a crush on you?”

“Um...” he looked down and tried to avoid her chest “Well, uh, there were circumstances, and stuff and uh...”

“Boy, if that were the only time I might have given you a chance, but as it is you’re an a$$. Bye.” With that she sauntered off showing an impressive set of glueteals encased in a very tight skirt leaving Taure feeling chastised.

But, he had other things to do and went to the library where he studied some and waited for his next class to start. A girl shyly approached “U-uhm...you’re Taure right?” She stuttered while blushing brightly.

The urge to give her a scathing reply was heavy, but remembering how recently he’d been put in his place he bit his tongue. “Yes. What do you want with me?” Okay...still kinda rude...but better then his initial response.

“W-well...I was having issues with um, this homework assignment, and my teacher told me that you were the one to see about fire spells...”

He put up his hand “Say no more. I am the expert on fire spells. What are you having trouble with?”

“Oh well, um, this is going to sound silly, but my first issue is that my fire keeps coming out blue for some reason.”

“Blue?”

“Well...sometimes it’s other colors...but blue is the most common...”

“Hang on let me see your diagrams...”

With that he passed the time surprisingly pleasantly with the girl until his next class. At some point he’d learned her name was Charlotte. Her spell matrixes had a few interesting quirks they got sorted out, and better yet he’d actually learned a few things in the process. The colored fire thing was something Kano would probably adore.

After that the rest of his day passed pretty normally. The girl, Charlotte had insisted on exchanging phone numbers in case she “needed more help” He hoped he wasn’t going to have to break her heart. That happened with far too many girls and was worse when it was one he actually liked as a friend. That was part of the reason he’d started being so harsh towards approaching females in the first place. Too many friendships had been ruined that way for it to be worth it. But, that girl had been right. He was just being an a$$ and it being brought up made him feel kind of guilty.

Thinking of all the times in the past when he’d been ruder then was really necessary was still bugging him at dinner. Riel and Kano had teamed up to make meatloaf and it was pretty edible other then the fact that his youngest sibling had added random splots of food coloring. Eating tie-dyed meat was an experience. Fortunately Asuka, their mom was distracted congratulating Lalaith over her finally managing to get a job. He had his doubts over it lasting but that was normal. Kano was showing off his hippie meat product to the members of his gaggle of girls who hadn’t gone home for dinner. Riel gave him a look which meant she knew something was up, but his younger sister was also willing to wait for him to come to her unless he took too long about it. Which he was fine with.

After dinner he excused himself and started walking to his spot in the woods behind his house. It was a clearing that he’d discovered one time when they were little kids and Lalaith had bullied him into playing “Pirate Explorers” with her. He’d mostly forgotten about it, until his parents had finally impressed upon him that fire was best not played with indoors, but outdoors was okay as long as he practiced proper safety precautions. Which had led to a rather lengthy lesson from Lorcan on what those were.

His spot was just a small clearing that over the years he’d used when he wanted to relax. Which preferably happened with large amount of fire. Lots of fire. He had a rather nice stone pit that he’d made using an earth spell, and a few boxes he’d left around with non-perishable food and chalk and other stuff he might want or need.
    Standing in front of the stone he started the incantation for the spell. Oh, he didn’t really need to say it aloud at his level, but going through the motions made him feel better, and he was pretty sure when you went through the whole ritual the result was more powerful and lasting. He stood there for a few minutes admiring his handiwork. He’d also made it magenta in honor of the friend he’d made today.

“Hello little mage. What do you in these woods?” a smooth voice behind him made the relatively short boy jump.

Turning he glared at the interloper of his peace. “Building a fire. What does it look like?”

The stranger grinned a fangy magenta-tinted grin stepping inside what Taure considered his personal space. The dark-haired boy refused to back up though. “Oh? and what do you need a fire for under a beautiful full moon like this?”

Taure stared into a face that seemed familiar somehow. Despite that he was quite certain he’d never seen the person before. “I like fire.” The surliness in his voice had an unspoken “Got a problem with that?”

Chukling the stranger stepped forward again bridging the gap between them enough to ruffle Taure’s dark hair. Later Taure couldn’t say why he hadn’t pushed him away but here he felt a strange tingle. “Just that little boys shouldn’t play with fire, and should be scared of things that go bump in the night.”

Taure bristled, but still didn’t step away. To do that felt like an act of submission somehow. “I’m twenty.” he snapped eyes, narrowing. “Besides I’m part vampire. I think I qualify as something that goes bump in the night.”

“Oh really?” the stranger chuckled.

“YES.”

He smirked. “I don’t have to feel guilty about this then.” With that he leaned down and gave Taure a soft peck on the mouth, sauntering off hands shoved in his pockets. Taure raised his hand to his lips and then practically ran back home.

Walking in the house he tried his best to look nonchalant. Fortunately his mom wasn’t up. Quickly he made his way to his younger sister’s room. “Riel!” he rapped on her door “I have to talk to you now!”

He heard quiet cursing and something being shut and then his sister’s feet making their way to the door. She opened the door a green mud mask on her face. She didn’t need it of course thanks to having an elf perfect complexion. All of them did. But, Riel did things like that. She said it was to keep up appearances.

She glared at him a bit “You’re back early. Well, whatever. Come in and tell me what the hell’s so desperate.”

With that she walked back in her room and sat on her chair glaring at him for daring to interrupt her girl time. Gingerly he sat down on her bed. “Well...a guy kissed me. That’s the urgent thing.”

Her eyes widened with a spark of “I knew it” hidden in the blue depths. “Was it one of your classmates? Ooh! It was that Joel Radley guy you’re always whinging about wasn’t it?”

Taure made a face at the thought “...no. Even I think that guy’s a nerd. The kiss was just now. In the woods. Some dude I’d never seen before snuck up, insulted me, kissed me and left.”

“Oooh...so you’ve finally realized you’re gay?”

“No! I’m not gay Riel!”

“Then why’s the guy not a pile of ash now?” She smirked at him.

He looked down and blushed “Because...he reminded me of someone.”

If possible the dark-haired girl’s eyes lit up even more. “Really now? Who?”

“I think this...girl I met today.”

“YOU met a girl?? What was she some sort of nerdy goddess?”

He blushed brighter “I...suppose that’s accurate. She had boobs the size of Lalaith’s, and a test score higher then mine. Then, she called me an a$$ for how I treat girls and left.”

“Well at least you’re in the same class. So, you have a shot at redeeming yourself.”

“Yeah...I started by making friends with a girl in the library today who was pretty obviously attracted to me by helping her with homework.”

“You of all people made a friend??”

He shrugged “It’s not that big a deal...got her phone number and everything.”

Riel tackle hugged him with no warning at that one. “Omigosh~! My big brother is all grown up! You got a crush, a girl’s phone number, and a kiss! Omigosh omigosh omigosh!!” She let hum go from the embrace and was dancing all over the room. Taure snuck out while she was busy to avoid further questioning.

Last edited by Ferret-X on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Coins : 16001

Post by Klak Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 am

First chapter was funny, second chapter was definitely a bit too weird for my tastes (mainly the ending). Still, I like the plot here. Keep it up.
    Ferret-X
    Ferret-X

Post by Ferret-X Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 am

Lol, well the chapters are gonna be focused on each of the different kids, and since they're all very different people they'll have different feels. I'm not really sure what you mean about the second one. Do you mean the massive amounts of gayness in it??? This fic IS going to have a lot of romancey stuff and general teenage idiocy, fair warning. Anyways, chapter 3.

---

Tuesday 6:30 AM
    Riel

Riel was still beside herself with glee as she drove to school. Her big brother was finally moving out of his weird antisocial stage. She’d never tell him he’d had her worried because it wouldn’t accomplish anything, but it was so awesome. Not to mention he was finally owning up to being gay. Most of the girls in the school had a bet going as to whether he was gay or straight with a rare few who thought he was bisexual or asexual or other weird stuff like that.

Casually she got out of her car since she was at her parking spot with one last check in the mirror. Yep, her makeup and hair were still perfect. As was expected.

As she strolled into the school making her way to her table occasionally nodding at friends she passed. As she sat down she turned to a brunette with short hair held from her face with some adorable barrettes who was busily scratching at a sheet of paper with a pencil.

“Julie, just who I wanted to talk to.”

The girl looked up a smile bright on her face “Riel! I’m guessing you have something good for the logs?”

Julie Dowes was kind of the unofficial bookie of the student body. She could be relied on to keep track of who and how much bet what on all the various things students were apt to make wagers on from sports to who was coming out of the closet and who was dating who.

Riel examined her nails, hmm they’d need to be repainted soon. Maybe blue to match her eyes? “Well, a certain guy who has since graduated, but is still rather popular with the ladies here had a big day yesterday.”

“Do tell!” Julie leaned forward eagerly. Wasn’t often Riel would give the inside scoop on her older brother. She didn’t even like admitting she was related to the other Fyre kids even though everybody knew it.

“Well he kissed a dude. That resolves the first kiss bet.”

“Ooh! Was it that Joel Radley guy? Those two hate each other so much there has to be more to it!”

Riel shook his head “No, I was shocked too. Some mystery stranger. Also, he seems to have his first aknowledged crush.”

Julie clapped her hands “Omigosh! Is it the same guy!?”

Riel shook her head “No, this is where things start to get weird. The crush is some girl in one of his classes. Apparently she did better on a curved research paper then he did.”

The other girl grinned wickedly “My, my. This will be interesting.”

Riel grinned at the younger girl “Turned a profit did you?”

“Oh yess...you are my favorite senior did you know that?”

She flipped her dark hair “I better be. Speaking of me, how are my odds for prom queen going?”

Julie pursed her lips “I’d say it’s still too early to tell. You’ve got a lot of backing though. You’re popular with the girls and guys. Really I’d say your biggest threat is Alianna Murphy. Even she’s only a threat if she decides to play up the pro-human richgirl angle. She’s a bigger expletive referring to a female dog then you though, and your nonhuman ancestry isn’t well known. Your weakest point is the male underclassmen. The girls would be a problem, but all your little brother has to do is bat his eyelashes and most of them will do whatever he says.”

“Does Ali have anything planned so far?”

“Not that I know of, but that doesn’t mean anything with her. Just try and counter what she does as she does it and you should be fine.”

Riel made a face “But, I can’t just have a huge party at my house. Don’t want everyone seeing how nutsy my family really is. And, mom would freak if anyone so much as smoked a cigarette which makes for lame-o parties.”

Julie shrugged “Well, what happens happens. Though you are the favorite of the few bets on the matter so far.”

“At least I have that. Well, I’ve gotta go talk to Mr. Turish about that report. Text ya later.”

With that taken care of Riel made her way to her next destination.
    Heat
    Heat

Character sheet
    EXP:

Post by Heat Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Nice. I think I like Riel already.
    Ferret-X
    Ferret-X

Post by Ferret-X Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:11 am

Lol thanks XD Riel has a good head on her shoulders. I guess one of them has to.

---
    Tuesday 4:00 PM
    Kano

Kano had as usual a ton of girls following him home. This was just business as usual for the cheerful youngest child of the Fyre family. Normally he caught a ride home or walked with only a few of them. Others tended to trickle in and out of the house as the day went on. Not that his mom minded. She’d much rather him be hanging around with a bunch of girls supervised.

Now, what did a 15 year old boy do with a group of girls who followed him around everywhere and adored him? Mostly helped pick out clothes and do their hair.

No one even bothered making bets with Julie about him being gay anymore. It seemed obvious. Great sense of style, never dated any of the girls or even seemed interested.

Today Kano was beading the hair of all who asked. He’d found an article on it somewhere, and was quite happy for an excuse to spend time playing with brightly colored beads.

A blonde girl with a lavender streak dyed into her hair watched him shyly from the doorway. As he pushed the last girl away laughing he looked around for the next victim for his experiments.

He spotted her chewing on her lower lip. Bouncing up he grabbed her by the elbow. “Ah, a likely young lady for the newest fashion sensation! I promise to only use beads that complement that lovely shade of purple!”

She jumped up startled “Oh! That’s really not necessary! I just love watching you work.”

He gently led her to the chair the other girls had been sitting in. “Then wouldn’t you like to help me improve the art?”

Her eyes widened. They were a blue so soft they almost matched her hair. “I...suppose when you put it that way…” Unsure of what to do with her hands she gripped the sides of the chair as he threaded his fingers through hers.

Distantly she noted that they were painted orange with purple polka dots. Somehow they looked good. She smiled softly and drifted off on the feel of her hair being gently tugged, and the soft drone of multiple conversations.

“Alright, done.” Kano leaned back and smoothed a lock of her wavy hair out of her face.

“Oh! That was fast.” She looked around and realized that less girls were around. “Where did everyone go?”

He chuckled a bit. “Went home mostly. I got a bit carried away with yours I think. Couldn’t help myself.” He offered her a hand mirror.

She took it and stared. Opposite of the streak was a wrap of purple blue and silver with matching beads. Beside it was another with white and light blue. The rest of her hair was pulled into a variety of intertwining braids with the exception of the purple that was left free to frame the side of her face. “Oh! This is....you didn’t have to do this.”

He took the mirror from her quite pleased with the effect. “Of course I didn’t. You just have such lovely hair I couldn’t help myself.” He scratched an ear. “I suppose I really should have asked, but you didn’t seem to mind.”

“Oh…well…” A slight blush rose to her cheeks as she tried to avoid eye contact. “If it’s really that late I probably should go…”

He shrugged “If you want. Dinner’s going to be good though. I think Riel said something about lasagna.

“Oh…I wouldn’t want to be a bother though…” Suddenly her shoes became very interesting.

“Nonsense! Actually she kind of assumes I’m going to have some friends over by this point. She really likes taking care of people”

“Why doesn’t your mom cook?”
    Kano stiffened and a haunted look came into his eyes. “Mom’s…cooking…” He shook himself out of it ignoring the now frazzled state of his tail. “We don’t…talk about that. Riel, dad, or I cook. Lalaith can, but she won’t do anything that takes longer than five minutes to prepare, and Taure burns everything he touches.”

She stayed for dinner. No one seemed to mind her presence. It was a bit self-serve, but people seemed to mostly cluster in the area of the kitchen. A young woman she thought was Kano’s oldest sister seemed to be telling a story about exploding coffee accompanied by wild hand gestures that at one point sent her plate flying.

Taure had grabbed his plate and disappeared into his room muttering something about studying. Riel was eating daintily at the table. Kano was babbling to his mother, Professor Asuka. She smiled as she quietly ate her meal. It was delicious.

Despite being reassured it wasn’t necessary she helped gather the dishes before heading home.

Heat
    Heat

Character sheet
    EXP:

Post by Heat Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

This chapter seems a bit.....filler-y. But still good.
    Yenot
    Yenot
    Intermittent RP Fanatic

Coins : 9880

Character sheet
    Level: 10
    Class: Pyro
    EXP:
    9 Crazy Months Left_bar_bleue1500/20009 Crazy Months Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/2000)

Post by Yenot Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Pretty good story so far. Love the diverse stories and characters
    Lalaith has me most interested at the moment

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm