BZPB

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
JS
Klak
6 posters

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story

Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Coins : 16008

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story

Post by Klak Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 pm

How do you do, old sport? Welcome to a new superhero/pulp-themed RPG set in the 1920s! It's sure to be the bee's knees! Now, before we continue our bull session, let's set the mood with some music. I got a nice new record here that's just the cat's meow, lemme tell ya!

Setting: 1920s alt-history. Main locations:

• Rockbay Metropolitan Area (Rockbay City, Connecticut & Rockbay City, Rhode Island, as well as the borough of Temperance in Connecticut): The main city
    • Chowder Island, Massachusetts: TBA.
    • TBA

Plot:The world is full of energy, which manifests itself in many ways. One of these ways is Kø, sometimes referred to as "HahaJ'UsT-Seying," "exsidian," "The Force," and "chi". This energy flows throughout the cosmos, and is the source of power for many talented individuals with abilities straight out of your imagination.

After the Great War at the onset of the 20th century, many economies boomed and ushered in a period known as the Roaring Twenties. The arts flourished, and so did wealth and prosperity. But as the Jazz Age spread, so too did the Prohibition Era, resulting in widespread gangster involvement in the sale of illicit alcohol. Additionally, there were mysterious individuals popping up in the country, speaking the name of "Thule" and whispering of "great change" that was to come to the US.

Thankfully, cities like Rockbay had their fair share of superhuman heroes, many of which were the aforementioned talented individuals who tapped into Kø as a source of power. These individuals protected the innocent against the darker sides of a prosperous time. The forces of light seemed to be triumphing over darkness, until a series of mysterious events led government agents and vigilantes down the path of doom. The world would be changed forever.

Rules:

1. This RPG is set in an alternate version of the 1920s. Some technology is advanced for its time, but keep this in mind as you write your posts. What would your character have done back then? How does he/she fit?

2. No god-modding.

3. Resolve all disputes cordially.

4. Keep it tasteful, but don't be afraid to explore the tropes of the era.

5. Any posting style goes.

6. No character limits (tentative), but all significant characters must be submitted through character sheets on Skype. Characters without sheets will be considered NPCs, and are thus killable. That said, GM (in this case, I'm GM) NPCs & characters cannot be killed without express permission from their owner.

7. I will explore realistic consequences in this RPG. NPC reactions will follow this maxim. Sharing any intel that you may receive either between your characters, or with characters owned by other Users, will cause problems.

8. Typical BZPB warning/tempban/permaban system applies.

9. No spamming.

10. No flaming.

11. No extensive controlling of other people’s characters, otherwise known as “bunnying”, without consent.

12. All out of character posts must be signaled as OOC or OOS.

13. Anything else will be decided by GM, DRJ, JS, and Nif.

14. Have fun, old sport!

Factions:

• The Protectors: A loosely tied group of superheroes who work in the Rockbay Metropolitan Area. They act jointly in some cases, but often prefer to go it alone. Some members are friendlier to each other than others, and there is a great deal of mistrust between them. That said, they are unified by their common goal of bringing justice to the city.
    • Bureau of Investigation (BOI): FBI Precursor headed by Director J. Edgar Hoover. Their function is the same as their real-life counterpart. A joint investigation of bootleggers with the Department of Justice's Wisemen task force is what is bringing BOI agents into Rockbay, but what they find will be even more intriguing.
    • Bootleggers/Gangsters: Various gangs and criminal groups such as the mob that are engaged in organized crime in Rockbay and elsewhere. Many are engaged in the liquor trade, but others are even bolder, engaging in other types of activities. Though they are being listed as one faction, the term in fact refers to multiple groups, often opposed to each other. Some of these include the Murphy family, the Luciano/Spades family, the Manicelli family, the Makarov family, and Aaron Siegel's Murder Inc., Rockbay Branch.
    • The American Thule Society: a mysterious secret society known only through various whispers in the underworld. They are believed to have their hands in many affairs throughout the country, including organized crime. The few who know of the organization say that they are bent on dominating the world.
    • Independent: Lone actors who choose their own path.

Cast (so far):

Characters controlled by Clay:

Characters controlled by JS:

Characters controlled by Klak:

Characters controlled by Mally:

Characters controlled by Nif:

Characters controlled by Paws:

Characters controlled by Red:

Characters controlled by Kon:

Last edited by Klak on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : minor retcon of my characters' ages)
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Coins : 7519

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Re: Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story

Post by JS Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:54 pm

[ Antarctica ]

Malak burst out from under the ice, his bow already drawn. A barrage of arrows shot away from him, closing in on Naraka, who turned, deflecting them individually with her spear; they ricocheted across the surrounding tundra, letting off tremendous blasts of gold and red when they hit the ground. By this point Naraka had already kicked off the ground and was closing in on Malak, who panicked, dispelling his bow and materializing Durandal in his hands; its blade met the tip of Naraka's spear at the last moment. Their eyes locked, a tell-tale smirk forming on Malak's lips as a shadow suddenly appeared over Naraka.

She kicked backwards in time to avoid Lucy's strike from above, and brought the haft of her spear up to meet the blade of Lucy's katana. Malak circled around, lunging towards Naraka's back with his blade; Naraka kicked Lucy away, bringing the spear around behind her back and blocking Malak's strike. Lucy quickly retaliated, lunging angrily towards Naraka; the spear-woman simply sidestepped, and Lucy collided with Malak, sending the two of them tumbling through the icy surface below.

Naraka chuckled, de-materializing her spear. Malak and Lucy climbed out of the icy water, drenched to the bone.

"That's a cheap trick, scrub." said Lucy, shivering. Malak tutted.

"It's hardly a cheap trick if you fell for it, profligate." he scorned, materializing a new change of clothes for himself. "I cannot possibly fight alongside her, Naraka." he said, looking over to his other sister. "Lucy is a mess. She exists to sabotage me. It is as if the finest operator of modern aircraft were to be assigned a copilot that is nothing more than a undisciplined hound, obsessed with mindlessly licking and pawing the controls. I, Malak, am wholly undeserving of such-"

"At least she's not the one whining about getting her arse handed to her." replied Naraka, smirking. Malak, tutted, walking off.

"I'm beyond the point at which I have anything left to learn." he replied, scowling. "Your efforts would be better served giving her a lesson in knowing her place." he added, before de-materializing, returning to the warm depths of hell far below.

Naraka sighed. "I'm not just saying this because I'm your sister, but I wouldn't actually pay him any attention." she said, turning to Lucy. "You're by far the better combatant - even if you can't access the Aegeonic Armory."

"You think so?" replied Lucy. She smiled, and walked up to her sister, hugging her. A confused expression took hold of Naraka's face.

"Demons aren't supposed to hug each other, Lucy. That's a human behaviour."

"I think if demons were less afraid to hug each other, they wouldn't be so angry all the time."

Naraka raised an eyebrow, before smiling, and returning the hug. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with the logic there. Keep Malak and dad out of trouble whilst I'm gone. I shouldn't be more than a few weeks, at the most."

"Sure thing, Nara." replied Lucy, pulling away. "Stay safe."

"You too." replied Naraka, before she de-materialized in a violent burst of red light. Lucy momentarily inspected her surroundings, before turning around and walking off.
    ---

[ Rockbay City ]

Naraka materialized at the top of city hall, the skirt of her armor blowing dramatically in the wind. It was night, and the city was sleeping; she allowed herself a moment to take it all in, as her eyes ran over the skyline, inspecting it.

Someone in this city knew about the Thule Society.

And tonight, someone was going to talk.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Re: Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story

Post by Klak Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:10 pm

<Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, Adams & 4th>

A cobalt Pierce Arrow Series 33 Runabout sped down the road, carrying two nefarious American gangsters who worked for the Murphy family along with their cargo: cases full of a mysterious substance. They were rushing through the night to make a sale; they believed that the night was their ally.

Gangster 1: "Right, Alex, let's hurry up so we can go back to the speakeasy."

Alex: "Somethin' tells me you're lookin' for somethin' othe' than rum, Yuri."

Yuri: "You betcha! Did you see the gams on that broad?! Awww, Слава Богу!"

Alex: "Yuri, how many times did I tell ya?"

Yuri: "Tell me what?"

Alex: "How many times did I tell ya not to talk Russian on the job? It confuses folks, makes 'em think you're with Makarov."

Yuri: "Hey, ain't my fault my Pa was Russian and my Ma was Irish! Still workin' for the boss so who gives a crap?"

Alex: "Yeah, alright, just shaddup and let me do the talkin'."

They slowed down and turned into an empty lot, stopping in front of a calm, well-dressed man. He adjusted his silk tie so that it fit better underneath his arrow collar, adjusted his eyeglasses, then placed his arms at his sides. The two gangsters got out of the car, bringing cases with them. The man smiled and greeted them in a crisp, gentlemanly form of your typical American accent.

The Suited Man: "Hello, gentlemen. Monsieur Apolion sends his regards and apologies for not being able to join you. Do you have the product?"

Alex: "Of course. 3 cases worth of it. We'll give it to ya on one condition though."

The man appeared slightly confused.

The Suited Man: "Was the generous sum of money not enough for you?"

Alex: "In addition to the dough. Don't sell it to any of our competitors, eh?"

Yuri: "Yeah, 'specially not that Queen gal, she's crazy! Bet she was the one that killed Lucky! I'm thankful she's too busy with everyone else to know 'bout this deal."

The suited man smiled.

The Suited Man: "I assure you, she will not be involved. I will take 2 of the cases, then sell one to a gentleman who prefers not to deal directly with the.....seedier parts of town. He's some sort of scientist working in Chowder Island."

Alex: "Whatever. Here you go."

The Suited Man was handed a suitcase full of money by his driver, and he exchanged it with those that carried the substance.

Yuri: "Pardon me for askin', but what do these things do again?"

The Suited Man: "Imagine being able to create your own superhumans...at least that's what that scientist aims to do anyway. We are only interested in the sale. Various armed groups throughout the world and even gangs would like some of this. I'm surprised you haven't taken some of your own."

Yuri: "We got a fou-OW!"

Alex elbowed Yuri in the gut while smiling.

The suited man seemed amused, but he did not laugh. He was about to make his way to the car when someone suddenly landed in front of both cars' headlights. The person was wearing a black fedora, an equally dark suit, and an Inverness cape surrounding it. His face was obscured by a mask similar to that of a Plague Doctor that walked the streets of Europe nearly 600 years ago.

The Shadow Operative: "Your foul dealings end here, miscreants....so says The Shadow Operative."

The Operative cackled loudly, instantly filling the area with darkness and obscuring the headlights. The Suited Man hurried into his car and urged his driver to leave. They escaped in the nick of time. Alex and Yuri were not as fortunate.

The Operative grabbed Alex and slammed his fist into his face repeatedly until he was knocked out. Yuri shot at various forms he saw walking around him in panic, but he hit nothing. The Shadow Operative grabbed Yuri and forced him up against a wall.

Shadow Operative: "Talk, and there will be less pain."

Yuri: "I know nothin'! I swear! We were ordered to transfer it and told not to let anyone else get their hands on it!"

Shadow Operative: "Who was that man?!"

Yuri: "We don't know his name! We just know he works for Augustín Apolion! That's all, I swear! Please let me go!"

The Shadow Operative: "Thank you."

He cackled then let Yuri go. Before the gangster could reach for his gun, the Operative was gone. Yuri saw Alex's unconscious body slumped beside their car.

---

<Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, Southern Port>

Izzy Kandar fell from the sky and landed on some cargo boxes. His small droid companion flew away from him, and shook its head.

Zanny: "Come on, Izzy! Get up! I still can't believe you did that."

Izzy Kandar: "Yes!"

Izzy stood up triumphantly.

Izzy Kandar: "I punched my way through time and space to get here!"

Zanny: "Are we even in a different universe, or the same one as before?"

Izzy Kandar: "I don't care! I did it anyway! Now let's find some adventure!"
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm

< Rockbay, Dock District >

Remy awoke with a searing pain in his head. He could feel ropes tied around his body, and as he opened his eyes, found he was tied to a column in the middle of an abandoned warehouse. A few figures paced around in the gloom surrounding him.

"So you are finally awake, huh?"

Remy looked over to the figure that approached him; a heavily-accented Japanese man in a long white overcoat, and circular sunglasses.

"Who the fuck are you?" replied Remy, struggling against the rope around his chest and arms.

"It does not matter who we are." replied the man, as the rest of his accomplices stepped forwards from the shadow; all Japanese men dressed in white overcoats, carrying sheathed katanas in their hands. "What matters is the sin for which you now must atone for."

"And what might that be?"

"Thule." replied the man, kneeling down so that his eyes were level with Remy's.

"I don't know nothing 'bout Thule."

"And that is how it should be. However, my... associates have observed that you've been making waves. Asking questions that should not have been asked."

"I'm a journalist, of course I'm gonna ask! The public has a god-damn right to know!" replied Remy, struggling further against his restraints. "Some two-bit Irish gangster suddenly runs for mayor, bankrolled by a corporate fund with 'Thule' written on the dotted lines of every cheque they ever cashed. Yet not one person in this city knows who Thule is."

"It's not a person." boomed a deep, male voice from across the shadow. Heavy footsteps announced the emergence of some seven-foot tall figure from the shadow surrounding them, dressed in a thick black cloak which only partially obscured his massive frame. Remy could make out a few features, though his face was mostly obscured by the shadows; a blonde crew-cut, a wide, square jaw, a heavy-set brow and high-set, pronounced cheekbones.

"It's an organization." replied Remy, the realization finally dawning on him.

"It's an ideal." replied the blonde-haired man, the creak of leather sounding out across the warehouse as he clenched a gloved hand into a fist. Sparks of blue energy crackled up and down his arm and around his feet, arcing between his body and the puddles of water that had formed on the uneven warehouse floor. "One that ennobles all of us - pure of blood, or otherwise." he said, before turning and walking away. "Kurazo - don't let this take any longer than it needs to."

"Yes, my lord." replied the Japanese man, drawing a wakizashi from behind his back. "Mr Remy - In my culture, it is customary to offer one destined for execution the opportunity to take their own life."

"Yeah, well in my culture, it's customary to say fuck off to psychos pointing a knife at your neck."

"Very well, Mr Remy." replied Kurazo, driving the blade towards Remy's neck. A golden explosion suddenly engulfed his arm and he was thrown back, landing amongst his men. Remy was unharmed, yet gasping in terror; Kurazo's right arm no longer existed past his elbow.

"We're under attack!" shouted one of Kurazo's men, drawing an M1911 from his overcoat; the rest of his men followed suit. A beam of golden light shot from across the room, engulfing one of the men's arms in the same explosion that had just taken out Kurazo's arm - as he cried out in pain, the rest of the men turned and opened fire in the direction of the shot. Naraka ran forwards out of the shadows, a third shot already strung; as she loosed the arrow, a small golden portal opened millimetres in front of the bow, which converted the arrow to a beam of golden energy as it passed through. The shot hit the ground between the men, throwing them across the room. Naraka readied a fourth shot, the bow's microportal flickering into life as she did. The men weren't getting up; those that weren't unconscious were reeling from their injuries.

"Stay here." she ordered, as ran towards the door. Remy shrugged.

"Not much else I can do."

She stepped outside, as the mysterious blonde man was climbing into the back of a large truck. He momentarily looked over to her, before climbing in. Naraka bit her lip, and readied another shot - at that moment a bolt of lightning struck the ground just in front of her, throwing her back against the wall of the warehouse. She gasped, a wad of blood shooting from her mouth as she slid down the side of the wall. The truck sped away in the distance as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She groaned.

"Something tells me that was intended as a warning shot."

She stepped back inside, and quickly untied Remy. He gasped with relief, quickly hugging Naraka, much to her displeasure.

"Oh, thank god. You saved my life."

She pushed him away. "That's... fine. You can repay me by telling me everything you know about Thule."

"Thule? They're an... organization. I think. They bankrolled Reed's run for mayor, and now they've been tracked to various criminal activities throughout the city - trafficking, moonshine, even heroin, yet the police aren't doing shit, even though there's conclusive fucking evidence."

"And what do you know about their forays into the supernatural?"

"The supernatural?" he replied, confused. "I... I didn't know they were making forays into the supernatural. But look - you'd be better off interrogating one of these guys than asking me."

"I will. But first, I need to get you out of the city. Thule'll probably come after you again."

"No way. If Thule are up to something, I've got to let the public know."

"No, sorry, you aren't understanding me. They'll kill you."

"Then that'll be yet another blood trail leading to them. Another piece of evidence for those who come after me to follow. They can't... They cant' keep getting away with this!"

Naraka sighed. "Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to be able to change your mind?"

"Because you're a smart woman." he replied. He stuck his hand out towards her. "Anyway... where are my manners? Remy Dantes."

Naraka meekly took his hand, and shook it. "...Naraka Ishtar."

"Well, that's a mouthful. Mind if I just call you Nara?"

"What makes you think we'll be meeting again?"

"Oh, I just got a hunch." he replied, winking. She frowned.

---

The blonde man climbed out of the back of the truck, and walked over to a nearby telephone booth. He dialled a number, before picking up the handset and holding it to his face.

"We have a problem. One of our targets escaped."

"How could you let this occur?" replied a voice at the end of the phone.

"Kurazo and his men were attacked by a Super."

"Were they one of the Protectors?"

"If they were," he said, sighing, "they weren't one of the ones we're paying off. I've never seen them before."

"I understand." replied the voice at the end of the phone, before pausing. "What was the target's name?"

"Remy Dantes."

"The journalist from the Rockbay Reporter?"

"Correct, sir."

"Very well. Whilst this outcome is less than Ideal, you have done your job well, Commandant. Our friends in the police force will ensure no-one finds the rest of our targets from tonight's activities."

"And the journalist?"

"Leave him to me. I'll make the necessary arrangements to see that he's quickly disposed of. This may be a task we need to outsource. You are dismissed, Commandant."

"Yes, sir." he replied, hanging up the phone. He walked away, and climbed back into the truck.

---

Reed put down the phone, burying his forehead in his hands. What a fucking fuck-up. He pulled a moleskine from his draw, and flipped it open. He was about to dial one of the numbers scrawled down on its pages when a small girl walked into his study. He looked to her, and smiled.

"Who was that, daddy?"

He placed the moleskine down onto his desk. "It's a bit late for you to be up, don't you think?"

"I couldn't sleep, because you were talking very loudly." she said, frowning.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, honey." he replied, getting up from his desk and walking to her. "Here, I'll tuck you back into bed."

"Was it mom?"

Reed paused. "No, it wasn't mom, honey."

"She doesn't phone much anymore."

"I know. It's a shame."

"The phone at the hospital's been broken for a long time, now. You're the mayor, daddy. Can't you make them fix it?"

"I wish, I could, honey," he said, goading her back into her bedroom. "But it's a... it's a special hospital phone, so only doctors can fix it, and the doctors are always busy. Now, get into bed." he said, as she climbed up onto it.

"I hope they fix it soon." she said, laying down. "I want to talk to mom again."

"So do I." he replied, gently running his hand over her forehead. "Now, go back to sleep."

"Okay, daddy." she replied, smiling. Reed got up and left the room, turning off the light before he did. He stepped back into his study, and sat down. The moleskine was still open on the page he had left it on. His hand reached towards the phone, but paused halfway there; he hesitated, before looking over to the framed photo sitting on his desk. The eyes of a smiling young girl, accompanied by her parents, looked back at her. He picked up the phone, and began to dial.
    Paws the Gryphon
    Paws the Gryphon

Coins : 3770

Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Left_bar_bleue0/0Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Paws the Gryphon Mon May 02, 2016 11:11 pm

<Bureau of Investigation HQ, Washington, D.C., USA>

Evander's eyes followed the path the pendulum of the old grandfather clock in front of his desk as it made its rounds back and forth. Already he was finished with his task of filing away new fingerprints and their owners' information, and it was only noon. It had been a slow week, with only a scant fifty cases since Monday... Probably a record low in recent months given recent events. The griffon's talons danced lazily on the tabletop as the clock slowly ticked away the hours, second by second. Surely there had to be something to do, some case to work on... Or at least a document that needed to be returned to the proper department.

"Thúfa! Why is it so slow this week....?" he wondered aloud, digging a talon into the desk slightly. Just as he was about to let another sigh out, his ears perked up at the sound of footsteps coming down the corridor. Someone needs fingerprints today...
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99
    Resident Vodka Taste-Tester

Coins : 4208

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Welcome to Rockbay

Post by redwolfmoon99 Tue May 03, 2016 5:23 pm

[ 1 km from Rockbay Southern Port ]

"So this is Rockbay City."

Zephyr took a casual gulp of vodka as he gazed at the looming brightly-lit skyline of Rockbay City, from the bow of the cargo vessel heading towards the port.

"Where people flock to in search of wealth, power, and passion. One would be hard-pressed to find a greater hive of villainy and decadence."

With one final swig, he finished the last of the bottle before discarding it into the sea, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his long black coat.

"Heh. I thought it'd be bigger..."

-------

[ Rockbay City, Central District ]

A solitary cloaked figure is perched on the top of the Rockbay Plaza Hotel, one of the oldest and tallest buildings in the city, overlooking the southern bay.

"It seems he has arrived. I can sense his presence." The figure spoke in a distinctively cold but male-sounding tone, further details of its voice hard to discern through the mask that covers the bottom half of its face.

"I understand, Master. I shall continue with the previous directive until you will otherwise." The figure replied seemingly to thin air, before standing up and vanishing in a puff of black mist.

-------

[ Rockbay City, Dock District]

A lone security guard is patrolling around in one of the many large warehouses that make up a large portion of the Rockbay Dock District. At the loud clanking sound of something metal hitting the ground, the security guard turned around in a split second, his flashlight and standard-issue .38 Colt Police Positive trained at the source of the disturbance. At the sight of a fleeing stray cat and a metal bucket still rolling on the ground, the guard gave a dismissive snort before turning around.

"Freaking flea bags..."

The sudden sight of a solitary cloaked figure at the front entrance of the warehouse in front of him immediately put him back on alert as he aimed his flashlight and revolver once more.

"Sir, this is a restricted area. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." The security guard called out, cautiously approaching the figure who had its back turned, as though it is not even acknowledging the guard's presence.

"Sir, please leave the area or I will use lethal force!" The guard warned, cocking the hammer of his revolver with an audible click, and attempting to move around the figure to identify its face.

As if in reply, the figure abruptly turned its gaze straight at the security guard, before phasing towards him and causing the guard to discharge his firearm at the rapidly approaching mist-like entity, to no effect. He didn't get a second shot out as the mist surrounds and assimilates into him, causing his levitated body to twitch and spasm violently as blood starts to leak out of his ears and nose.

After the convulsions had abated, as abruptly as it had happened, the guard merely wiped off the blood that still dripped from his face and sides of his head before opening his eyes, his irises glowing with a bright crimson light.

Last edited by redwolfmoon99 on Thu May 05, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Tue May 03, 2016 7:50 pm

< All Saints Church, Lower King's District >

Wesley paced through the streets, a gloved hand wrapped tightly around the briefcase he carried. Whilst he knew King's was under the protection of Leandoer's Sad Boys, the news of both an attack by the Shadow Operative, as well as an unidentified Super wiping out Kurazo's men, had him on edge. He pulled into an alleyway, shuffling past a sleeping homeless man as he pulled open the door to the Church, stepping in. The place was empty, as one would expect given the time of night. He sat down in one of the pews, resting the briefcase across his lap, and checking his watch. Hopefully the contact Reed spoke about wouldn't take too long.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Wed May 04, 2016 2:18 am

<Rockbay, Connecticut Side, Southern Port>

A family of migrants who came on the same boat as Zephyr lined up to be allowed entry into the US. The immigration worker heard their name, but mispronounced it.

Worker: "Alright Thawne family, welcome to America."

Little did anyone know that the humble Thawnes would have descendants that would change history.

Izzy Kandar walked around the port, looking for adventure. He came across a dock worker...

Dock Worker: "AAA! What are you?!"

Izzy Kandar: "Umm, a vigilante....with a really good costume!"

Dock Worker: "Oh. Carry on."

That was close.

Once Zephyr arrived on Rockbay soil, the bounty hunter noticed him from afar and realized something was different about him (though he could not say what). He waved at Zephyr and tried to get his attention.

---

<Rockbay, Connecticut Side, Southwest District>

A thief rushed through the alley, tripping over some trash that was littered on the floor. He looked back, noticing that he was no longer being chased. He sighed and slouched, perusing through the bag he had just stolen. Suddenly, a fist slammed into his face, immediately knocking him out.

Bravarius: "You were fast, but not fast enough."

A pigeon flew by and dropped a small scroll of paper a few feet away. Bravarius was intrigued, especially since pigeons were normally asleep at night. He picked up the paper, and read its message:

Meet me at the Pershing building, 20 minutes.-Shadow Operative.

Of course it was the Operative. His methods of communication were always....strange. Especially at night.

Bravarius returned the bag to its owner, and made his way to the Pershing building. Using incredible acrobatic feats, he climbed up the building until he reached an open window. Abandoned office space, likely still for rent. Perfect hiding spot for the Shadow Operative.

He slipped into the window, and stood triumphantly. Before he could exit and look for the Operative, the latter startled him by speaking.

Shadow Operative: "No need to show off."

Bravarius: "Would it kill you to say hello like a normal person?"

Shadow Operative: "Probably. I have information to share."

Bravarius: "You should bring it up in our next meeting, the rest of the Protectors should know too."

Shadow Operative: "You know I don't trust them all. We trust each other the most."

Bravarius: "Right. So, what did you find?"

Shadow Operative: "Apparently, there was a deal that went on between Irish gangsters and a man representing one Augustín Apolion."

Bravarius: "The French industrialist? He's tied to the mob?"

Shadow Operative: "Yes. They sold him some material that can supposedly create supersoldiers. Perfect for that weapons venture he's thinking of opening. That said, I had attempted to look into Apolion, but I found no evidence that could directly incriminate him. That means two of the shipments are lost."

Bravarius: "Damn it. There's no use. If we went after Apolion, there'd be hell to pay."

Shadow Operative: "Exactly. We might as well track the other shipment of this substance. I overheard that it was going to Chowder Island."

Bravarius: "We'll have to investigate, but we can't go alone. We have to inform the other Protectors."

The Operative paused. What Elijah was saying made sense.

Shadow Operative: "Fine. But don't tell them the whole story."

Bravarius smiled. He and Shadow Operative were friends, and both knew each others' quirks, preferences, and even secret identities.

Bravarius: "If you say so, Shadow Operative. Let's assemble tomorrow morning."

Shadow Operative: "Oh, and another thing: be careful. Apolion is tied to the Irish mob, and the gangsters begged his representative not to sell anything to the Queen of Spades or anyone else. I surmise that he's tied to all these groups, so who knows how far up this goes?"

Bravarius: "Right. Hmm. I wonder if it has any relation to that word we kept hearing back when we brought down Silas."

Shadow Operative: "The guy who tried to become Rhode Island Side's mayor. We ended up unwittingly helping Reed's friend. What was the word again?"

Bravarius: "Thule."

Shadow Operative: "Maybe, maybe."

Bravarius: "Alright, see you tomorrow."

They both went their separate ways. After all, Elijah Cromwell had a party later that night, and the Shadow needed to resume his hero work.

--

Bravarius sneaked by a nightclub as he was headed home. The song "Old King Tut" was playing loud enough for him to hear it, but he was able to focus enough to eavesdrop on some criminals. They spoke of "a super that took down Kurazo's men," and of its incredible strength. Bravarius knew Kurazo as a powerful enforcer for the mob. Whoever took him down deserved a spot on the Protectors.
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Welcoming Committee

Post by redwolfmoon99 Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 pm

[ Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, Southern Port ]

"Ugh, what now?" Zephyr muttered as he turned to source of the voice that was enthusiastically calling out to him, his enhanced hearing preventing it from being drowned out by the cacophony of sounds that permeated the port area, and also ensuring that it is also much more annoying and harder to just ignore.

"Ебена мать!!" Zephyr exclaimed in shock as he almost dropped the wooden crate he was dragging along behind him, finally catching sight of the four-armed...thing...that was trying to get his attention. "What the hell are you supposed to be?"

-------

[ All Saints Church, Lower King's District ]

The large wooden doors to the church opened with a loud creak as a figure walked in, clad in the distinctive uniform of a police patrol officer. Without pause, the policeman quietly strode in, his gaze fixed on the only other person currently in the church. Stopping next to the seat containing the nervous-looking man, the police officer turned his whole body to face Wesley.

"Your employer had earlier agreed to meet at the dock district." The policeman stated the sentence as though it were a fact, his voice cold and emotionless.

A perceptive person would notice the bright crimson glow the police officer's eyes held.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 pm

< Remy's Apartment, Upper Kings >

Remy flicked on the lights, illuminating his cramped apartment. He sighed, pulling his jacket off, and hanging it behind the door.

"Sorry the place is a mess." he said, walking towards the fridge. "I don't often have-"

Naraka stuck her arm out to stop him. "Hold on." she said, her eyes scanning the room. A golden hexagonal device resembling a hydra missile pod materialized above her other shoulder, hovering throughout the room, rapidly scanning it with a red laser emitted from a circular crystal embedded between six hexagonal flushes covering the front face of the device. It flew into the other rooms, rapidly scanning them. A small beep was emitted, at which point Naraka lowered her arm.

"What the... uh, Naraka, what was that?"

"The Indo-Aryans ruled nearly half the world, three-thousand years ago." she offered, dematerializing her armor and materializing a short-cut black dress in its place. "And they certainly didn't patrol all that landmass using footsoldiers." she said, sitting down at Remy's table, and materializing herself a drink.

"I... that didn't answer my question." he said, nervously eyeing her chalice. "Is that...?"

"Wine? Oh, yeah." she replied, materializing a second cup for him. "I forgot it was illegal here." she added, as Remy grinned, sitting down across from her. "But to answer your question, that device is called Narayanastra. Or, rather, it's one component in the weapon system called Narayanastra."

"And that's your power, huh? This... Narayanastra."

"It's part of it. I... there's a metaphysical vault, which doesn't exist on this plane of reality, but which I can access. Simply put, that's my power."

"I've never heard of anyone in the Protectors having a power like that."

"I'm not a member of the Protectors." she replied, taking a sip from her chalice. "I'm a member of House Aegaeon, which is..."

She sighed. Remy titled his head. "Which is...?"

"Look, I've got to tell you this if we're going to be working together, but you've got to promise not to panic."

Remy shifted uncomfortably in his chair. "Can't be that bad."

"I'm a demon."

Remy shifted even more uncomfortably in his chair.

"I've seen people handle that news a lot worse." she replied, nervously. "I'm a member of House Aegeon, one of the great houses of Hell. Our house has the responsibility of enforcing order, both within Hell and outside - which means we're actually there to stop the kind of shit you associate with demons from actually happening in the first place. I don't want to say something as clichéd as 'You can trust me because I'm actually one of the good ones', but..."

"I'm black."

Naraka's eyes widened. "I... uh...?"

"I know racism, Nara. I ain't got no right to turn around and be racist towards you. You didn't choose to be a demon. You did choose to save my life back there. That's all I really care about."

Naraka's expression changed from one of mild shock, to a warm smile.

"Look, it's getting late. Tomorrow we should go and see if any of the Protectors know anything about Thule - though if this does go all the way up to Mayor Reed, then I'm not sure how many we can trust. Bravarius might be a good lead, though - he's one of the few true superheroes out there." he said, climbing up from his chair. He walked towards his bedroom. "You want me to make the sofa up for you?"

"I'm a demon." replied Naraka, tapping her forehead. "I don't need to sleep. I'll stay out here and keep watch."

"Sure thing." replied Remy, pulling his shirt off over his head. "Well, you know where I'll be if you get bored." he added, closing the door with a wink. Naraka paused momentarily, before her face turned bright red, and she turned away from Remy's door, folding her arms. Something tells me he would've gotten along far better with Lucy than he will with me, she thought, nervously tapping her arm with her index finger.

---

< All Saints Church >

"I do apologize." replied Wesley, adjusting his glasses with his middle finger. "But with the ongoing police investigation near the dockyard, we thought it might be best to... relocate the meeting." he added, lifting up the briefcase and opening it, using the back of the pew as support. Inside was a picture of Remy Dantes, a set of keys to his apartment building, as well as a suppressed M1911 with two magazines. "Remy Dantes. He lives in room 108 of the Langley building, Upper Kings. My employer is not concerned as to what happens to him, provided that he is, how should I say... irreversibly silenced. It is our understanding that he may be accompanied by an unidentified female Super... do with her as you wish. If the rumours about your abilities are true, then she might prove to be less of an obstacle, and more of an... asset." he said, offering an uneasy smile.

He stood up, closing the briefcase and handing it to the officer.

"Payment will be two-thousand dollars in negotiable American currency, twelve months' access to one of our safe-houses in Kings, and copies of my employer's files on the major players in this city... of course, with some details redacted. I'm sure you understand the need for confidentiality that my employer feels." he added, holding his hand out towards the officer. "Do we have a deal?"
    Niflheim
    Niflheim
    Cryomancer

Coins : 4649

Post by Niflheim Thu May 05, 2016 7:43 pm

[Rockbay, Southwest District Nightclub Entrance]
    The club, on the outside, was very minimal. To most people, they wouldn't even realize it was a club. Of course, this was to keep the feds off their back, since this was a speakeasy: a club where bootlegging occurred along with jazz and dancing. These speakeasies were great places to frequent to get information, and especially so for Evelyn, a telepath.

During the night, after her business meetings, she would go to these to hear everything that was happening in town. Her telepathy made it easy for her to blend in, just molding everyone's minds to blur out her face and forget the encounter. Having a disguise also helped. Today was a blonde wig with a cap over it, and red lipstick, with a white dress. She called a cab to take her to the club. As she got off, she noticed a familiar face exiting the nightclub.
    "Ah, Bravarius! How convenient. What did you leech off those spifflicated hoodlums today?" she inquired.

"I don't even have to answer the question anyways, do I? You probably just figured out everything," he sighed.

"Well, I still have to ask for you to think about it," she then looked behind them to see if anyone was watching. "I know how much you love to share everything you know at our meetings."

"You're not who I'm worried about there, besides, if you wanted to, you could give all of us the longest sleep we've ever had."

"Yes. Well, I'll see what I can pry out of those buffoons before they trip out on their own gigglewater." She then began to walk off towards the club. Bravarius tapped her shoulder to ask a question. "Are you still coming to the party tonight?"

"Why, of course, it's only good for the exquisite Ms. Eccleston of New York to be with the local legend Elijah Cromwell." She had telepathically sent the message to him.

"Now, why didn't we just do this to start with?"

"We can't just stand around and stare at each other or stand in place before people start to think we need to get lobotomized for being mentally ill." The two then parted ways, with Cromwell heading to his vehicle and Evelyn heading towards the speakeasy.  

As she said the password and entered the club, the silence outside was immediately broken by the blaring Jazz musicians, with flappers and gangsters dancing to it. She headed over to the coat rack to store her briefcase before going in more. Alcohol was in the air and drinks were being passed around. As usual, the booze made them talk a lot more than they should have at times like this. Not that this was necessary for her, but it was clearly the reason why Bravarius came here. The booze just makes it easier for her to get information. She walked towards a table in the back with 4 men, members of Murphy mafia.

"Well, everything is just damn ducky! Apolion isn't going to be pleased we failed to keep a Protector off our backs. Now they damn well sure know what we're planning!"

"Hey, keep your voice down! You don't know if everyone here is with the Murphys and Manicellis!"

"It don't matter no more! We'll be number one on the hit list after a failure like that!"

"You know, I don't think you have to worry. Tonight on the docks, one of our hired guns are coming in! Straight from Chowder Island."

"Ya don't say? Well I damn well hope they come in before we get a permanent sleep!"

Evelyn scanned their minds, but the only thing they knew that was new information, was the hired men coming in at the docks tonight. She stood nearby, seeing if they knew anything else.

A drunk bystander walked by the group of men. "Hey, what are ya lookin at?" one of the mafia men asked.
    "Uhh, whatcha talkin bout, hmmmm?"

"Don't get all stupid with me chump! Ya working for the Queen of Spades, ain't ya?"

"daahhhh, I dunno what ya talkin bout big boy."

"Why you little-" The big guy was getting up to take a swing at the drunk fellow, but another one got up to stop him.

"You can keep down, Ricky. This man's all spiffed out. Leave 'em alone."

"Ya, I guess ya right. Another two gigglewaters, anything ya got!" Ricky shouted over at the bar.

Evelyn is not amused by their drunkard displays of power, and decided to walk away to see what could be probed out of other minds. As she moved through the club, she picked up another new tidbit: The super that had attacked Kurazo. Apparently a female and foreigner, she saved Remy Dantes from death. "So this is who Bravarius heard of," she thought. "Seeking her out might be better for us. A power of burning light has to be kept in checked on our side, not the others."

She began to make her way out of the club, having pryed all the information she could get that wasn't something new and groundbreaking. She muddled everyone's senses to get out, and soon enough she was outside. Evelyn went to the back alley to pick up her suitcase containing her second set of clothes and other supplies. She hailed a cab again, telling the driver to take her to Elijah Cromwell's party. She decided it would be best to go there to keep up her appearances, hoping for the others to deal with the night today, as the meeting was tomorrow for The Protectors.

The cab pulled up and Evelyn got off, paying the driver and getting her briefcase to change. She was able to bypass security by making them think she was somebody else. Evelyn made way to the bathroom to change her outfit to a more profession, business look, and remove her wig to reveal dirty blonde hair under it. She then smeared off her make-up with water. "Much better,' she thought. She exited the bathroom and headed towards the main room to speak with potential business partners.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Fri May 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Izzy Kandar: "I'm an a-"

He noticed that there were bystanders, and decided to revert to his cover story. He would tell Zephyr the truth later on.

Izzy Kandar: "I'm a vigilante with a fantastic costume!"

---

<Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, North Ridge>

North Ridge was a neighborhood at the Northeastern edge of the Connecticut Side of the city, close enough to the Rhode Island Side. It was known for its series of mansions and for its displays of affluence: a shining symbol of wealth, much like East Egg or West Egg in New York.

Elijah Cromwell had arrived just in time to change from his Bravarius costume into a tuxedo. He was celebrating the engagement of his friend Lancer F. Go (Rockbay's elite used any excuse to party). While greeting various guests, he came across Evelyn Eccleston.

Elijah: "Evelyn! So good to see you!"

He kissed her hand, and smiled. Telepathically, he told her "You clean up well."

Elijah: "How has everything been back in New York? I lost a bet when the Stones played the Yankees, you know."

A servant came up to Elijah and whispered to him that a certain Jay Gatsby was on his way, and that Mayor William Douglas Reed's attendance was still unconfirmed.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Fri May 06, 2016 10:41 pm

< North Ridge Party >

A man sat at the bar, dressed in a white suit, with a pink shirt and a dark violet tie. He had a slender figure, wavy blonde hair, and a handsome faced concealed behind a white domino mask, with opaque opals of glass obscuring his eyes. Due to his elegant appearance and sophisticated demeanour, he had been able to slip into the party unquestioned, and was now exploiting the generosity of his host by downing as many drinks as he could, whilst avoiding drawing any suspicion to himself. As he finished his fourth martini he stood up, stretching his legs, and caught sight of Mayor Reed entering the room. He adjusted his mask and walked through the crowd towards him.

"Mayor Reed." he said, extending his hand towards the Mayor. Reed turned, a surprised expression taking hold of his face when he realized who he was talking to.

"Captain Domino! I didn't realize you'd be in Rockbay for another week."

"Well, turns out the Mayor of Chicago runs a tight ship. Who'd've known?" replied Domino. Reed laughed, as the two men walked towards the bar. "Here, let me get you a drink." replied Domino, reaching over the bar and pouring drinks for himself and Reed. "To Lancer." replied Domino, offering a toast.

"To Lancer." replied Reed, tapping his glass against Domino's. "I take it official business doesn't bring you here?"

Domino shook his head. "The investigation doesn't formally start until tomorrow. The special investigator from the Bureau hasn't even arrived, yet." he replied, thinking back to the brief skim he had made of Braxton's profile. "Which I suppose is good news for you."

"...Excuse me?"

Domino adjusted his mask. "There are twelve men in this room carrying suicide specials under their jackets. Nine of those are on your payroll." he replied, taking a swig of his drink. "The other three, I can only assume, are carrying them to compensate for their insubstantial masculinity. Or maybe they just like exercising their second amendment rights."

"I don't know what you're getting at-"

Domino chuckled. "Do you know how many times I've heard that one? I'm sorry for cutting straight to the chase, Reed, but I'm on a tight schedule - and right now, I'm cutting you a deal. You can work with me, and I can butter up the DA enough to swing you a comfortable plea bargain. Or, you can wait until tomorrow, when Braxton shows up." replied Domino, finishing his drink. "And in case the whole 'woman in the B.O.I' bit didn't tip you off, she's one of those tough on crime types. Good luck getting anything from her."

Reed turned towards the bar, sweating. "What do you want?"

"In case you haven't guessed, I'm not the most by-the-books LEO you'll ever meet. Truth be told, I'm not really concerned with the organized crime in this city."

"Then what?"

"Thule."

Reed bowed his head. "If you know enough about the way things work in this city to know that name, then you'll know my hands are fuckin' tied."

Domino made no reply; he simply gazed out across the room, his eyes fixated on the purple-bodysuit-wearing hostess. After a pause, he turned back to Reed.

"Oh, that's fine. I'm sure Braxton will understand."

"Goddamnit, Domino-"

"No, it's fine, honestly. Thank you very much for your help, Mr. Mayor." replied Domino, getting up to leave. "And... enjoy the rest of your evening." he added, before turning to walk out. Reed seethed inwardly, but was quick distracted from his anger by a rush of party-goers who assembled around him, escorting him into the evening's conversation.
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty New Acquaintances

Post by redwolfmoon99 Wed May 11, 2016 3:41 pm

"Riiiight..." Zephyr deadpanned, his blank stare fully implying that he's not entirely convinced with Izzy's explanation.

The Russian picked his crate back up, ready to just get some distance between him and this annoyingly cheerful yet suspicious person. However, Zephyr's curiosity got the better of him and, with an annoyed sigh, he turned back towards Izzy.

"So. What do you want with me, anyway?"

-------

[ All Saints Church, Lower Kings District ]

"That is acceptable." The police officer simply stated, grabbing the briefcase and giving the contents a quick once over as he walked off towards the church door without even giving the slightest acknowledgement of Wesley's proffered handshake, stopping right before crossing the threshold of the entrance.

"Your employer will be notified of any further developments." The policeman stated over his shoulder before he blinked away in a puff of black mist, leaving Wesley the sole occupant of the church once again.

-------

[ Remy's Apartment, Langley Building, Upper Kings District ]

The nighttime solace of Remy Dantes' apartment is soon interrupted by the familiar sound of a doorbell, signaling the arrival of a visitor. This was followed by the slightly muffled sound of a stern and official-sounding voice from outside the apartment door.

"Hello? Mr. Dantes? My name is Officer Briggs. I have some questions for you regarding a recent incident at the Rockbay Dock District."
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Wed May 11, 2016 6:03 pm

< Remy's Apartment >

Naraka awoke at the sound of the knocking, and slid towards the door. She checked over her shoulder, and the absence of any sounds from Remy's room indicated that he hadn't woken up. She sighed, sliding the door onto its chain, and opening it. She peered at the officer through the narrow gap.

"I'm sorry, officer, but he's been on a business trip for the past week. Is there anything I can help you with?"

---

< All Saints Church >

Wesley stood up, dusting off his trousers. He walked down the central aisle of the church and pulled into a small office located at the back of the church, picking up a phone and ringing it. A voice answered at the other end.

"Heyerdahl. It's Wesley."

"Don't call me by that name, boy." replied the Commandant. "Is the deal done?"

"The assassin is on his way. You better hope he's good enough to cover up for your glaring mistake."

"It's no fault of mine either way. It was Kurazo's job to take out the journalist."

"And now Kurazo's dead. With the Wisemen arriving in the city, that leaves our organization defenceless. No amount of money can pay them off."

"They're a bunch of men with guns. So were the Tsarists, and look where that got them. My forces will be more than enough of a match for them."

"We shall see."

"Indeed we shall." replied the Commandant, hanging up the phone. Wesley sighed, and turned to walk out of the church.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Sun May 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Izzy: "I came to say hello, and to search for adventure with you!!"

He whispered to Zephyr.

Izzy: "I'm actually an alien from outer space, but don't tell anyone! Let's have an adventure! What do you say?"

---

<Remy's Apartment, Langley Building, Upper Kings District>

Something was off, very off. The Shadow Operative had to investigate it. He couldn't explain it, but someone here was disrupting the Kø flow, and it was coming from the Langley Building.

This was impossible: Remy Dantes was a reporter known to the Protectors. No, it had to be a guest. The Operative silently watched from afar as he noticed a policeman with a strange vibe knocking on the door.
    Niflheim
    Niflheim
    Cryomancer

Post by Niflheim Sun May 15, 2016 8:13 pm

[North Ridge Party]
    "Well, that's why you don't gamble on chance," replied Evelyn. She heard the servant speak of Jay Gatsby to Elijah, but was more concerned over the unconfirmed appearance Mayor William Douglas Reed. "Well, I better be going to get some unpleasant business offers, Elijah."

"See you around then, Evelyn."

Evelyn then walked off, pinging the mish-mash of information to try to track down any sightings of Mayor Reed. Before she knew it, she had found Reed leaving the bar, shaken by his encounter with 'Domino.' She recognized this man as a famous commander of the US DOJ's unit, and beloved by his comrades.

Scouring Reed's mind for what they talked about, the only thing she found was 'Thule.' She heard this before, but it seemed to be nothing more than some flunky fake gang. But, if a high-ranking man like Domino was looking for information, maybe they aren't just a rumor.

Reed was busy with some party-goers bothering him, so she knew it was useless to stay around. She moved away from the group surrounding Reed to go find this so called, 'Domino,' before he leaves the place.

He was heading towards the upstairs of the mansion, most likely to the balcony, before Evelyn stopped him.

"Mr. Baudouin, of the US Justice Department, I'm Evelyn Eccleston, nice to meet you."
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Sun May 15, 2016 8:54 pm

< North Ridge Party >

Domino turned to Evelyn. Suddenly, he felt a sensation like a spark of electricity racing across his mind. Pressure, the thought, frowning under his mask. The kind I haven't felt since...

"Well, hello, Ms Eccleston." he replied, extending his hand out for a shake. "Why didn't I wear my tuxedo to meet such beautiful women like you tonight?" he asked, smirking.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Sun May 15, 2016 9:51 pm

<Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, Lower Kings District>

A boy was out at night, working like a dog. While those in North Ridge partied the night away, he was just getting home. Unfortunately, he ran into a vile man who wanted to rob him. He attempted to outrun the thief, but he ended up tripping and falling on the floor. No policemen or heroes were near...

Thief: "Sorry kid, but this is the end. Heh...that's right. I'll have your wage and use it to neck a girl, maybe one you're fond of. But you?"

He brandished a knife and crouched.

Thief: "Yeah....sorry."

Suddenly, a ball of multicolored electricity burst above the thief, knocking him down. He watched in terror as a being with insane hair and clothes dashed out and grabbed him by the collar.

Thief: "Wh-wh-wh--?"

Minatop: "Stop it!"

Minatop slammed her fist into the Thief's face, immediately knocking him out. She grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote the phrases "THULE IS REAL" and "MINATOP WAS HERE" on a nearby brick wall. She looked at the boy, and narrowed her eyes.

Minatop: "Scram."

The boy immediately got up and ran away. He looked behind him to see if Minatop was still there, but she had already disappeared.
    Niflheim
    Niflheim
    Cryomancer

Post by Niflheim Mon May 16, 2016 7:31 pm

[North Ridge Party]
    "Well, I'm not here for a fling and showing off my gams to a bunch of spiflicated old men. I know you're not here for anything remotely like that, either." Evelyn began trying to read his mind, but he seemed strucken and moved his head around. "A reaction?' she thought. "This man must be a latent or hiding his powers very well, to be able to hold an aura to look normal like that..."

"Well, you're clearly one of the more intelligent people here," replied Domino. "You definitely have quite the presence. After all, most people wouldn't know my name here."

"I'm not from around here originally, I'm from England," she said, trying to offset any detection the man had of her powers. "But enough about me, what are you here for? I'm a large woman in the stock market, but you're out of your league here."
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Mon May 16, 2016 8:34 pm

< North Ridge Party >

Domino smirked. "The truth is that I'm just really into jazz." he said, holding his arms out as if to gesture to the jazz-filled air surrounding him. He was lying, but only by omission.  "...And I'm told I have something of an aristocratic demeanour, so it's never been too hard for me to slip into these kind of events. I suppose the mask doesn't hurt too much, either." he added, gesturing to it whilst chuckling.

---

< Pennymans >

The district of Pennymans was one of the poorest in the city, and was even more run down than the docks. It was populated mainly by Irish and Eastern European immigrants, of the generation that had arrived too late to sample the American dream, and as such had been relegated to serving as the city's shoe-shiners and window-cleaners. Naturally, it was an area ruled by gangs, where the local government had very little say in the day-to-day goings on.

But all that was going to change tonight.

Inside an abandoned asylum, four women were bound and gagged, surrounded by jeering thugs with clubs and knives. They had been abducted by the Polish supremacist organization "Golec Uorkiestra", and were now awaiting inspection by the gang's kingpin, before being sold into the sex trade. They were held in the central atrium of the asylum, with a crumbling dual staircase opening up in-front of them, and the battered, boarded door to the asylum behind them. Rain poured in through the shattered, broken glass dome which once made up the roof of the atrium.

"Ladies, I am very sorry to have ruined your plans for this evening. However, I mean only to present you with a business opportunity." said the kingpin, emerging into view from behind the balcony at the top of the staircase. He was a man of considerable size - both in size and weight, and wore a strangely coloured three-piece suit - the jacket and waistcoat were white, whilst the trousers and his shoes were a cherry red - he also wore a thick winter coat over this suit, which was white on the top half, and red on the lower half, the colours meeting around the man's waist. He possessed a kind face with soft features, and was bald, but as he opened his mouth the women could see that whilst the top row of his teeth were white, the lower were red. He walked down the staircase, adjusting his golden rectangular cufflinks, which had "JP2" carved into them. "Borys, remove their gags."

"yes i will do this sir." replied one of the henchmen, untying the gags around the women's mouths. They remained silent.

"My name is Mr Golec. However, amongst some of the denizens of this city, I have aquired a somewhat less than politically correct moniker..."

"Polandball." replied one of the women.

Golec smiled impishly. "So you have heard of me. In that case, you should know what happens to those who defy me. Join my organization, and I shall provide you with employment, as well as the means to live independently. You'll never go hungry again."

"I'd rather go hungry than be a slave."

"There are those in this city, who are not as generous as me." said Polandball, drawing a flip knife from his jacket. The women screamed. "They would not offer you such reasonable terms. They would work you to death. I will protect you from those men. I have soldiers, I have men with guns, that will keep you safe."

"Lets see how much those soldiers of yours are really worth." called out a voice from outside the building, before an explosion engulfed the atrium, blowing Polandball's men away. Cannisters of gas flew in through the now open windows, filling the room with a noxious green smog. Polandball squinted, making out figures entering the building, dressed all in black and wearing gas masks, and wielding M1918 BARs, equipped with vertical foregrips and side-mounted flashlights. Golec's men began to choke on the gas, which had already knocked out the women; some of them picked up their guns and fired at the mysterious attackers, but to no avail. The Wisemen had earned their stripes not against common street thugs, but against the stormtroopers of the German Empire. Precision fire cut through those stupid enough to fight back, whilst the subdued attackers were quickly rounded up and handcuffed. Polandball turned and fled down the main corridor, but was chased by a group of the soldiers, their flashlights illuminating the corridor Polandball fled down - or, more importantly, the fact that it was a dead end. Polandball turned, his back against the wall. He grunted, and kicked his leg against the floor, like a bull about to charge.

"You don't fucking know... who the fuck... you're fucking with!" he said, launching into a sprint. "They don't call me Polandball... on account of my size!" he said, as his limbs shrunk, his head retracting into his body. He became perfectly spherical, rolling back towards the atrium at deadly speed - the soldiers who had followed him emptied their magazines into him before jumping out of the way. The bullets had bounced off harmlessly, embedding themselves in the surrounding corridor.

"Class C Super, Lukasz Golec." muttered a nearby soldier, who had refrained from firing their gun. "AKA... Polandball. A mutant from Eastern Europe, with a childhood deformity allowing him to roll around at great speed... and an unknown ability making him invulnerable to damage at high speeds. Predicted combat tactic: continue accelerating. Recommended countermeasure... prevent this."

She pulled a detonator from her vest, and pulled the trigger. Explosions rocketed the base of the atrium, which collapsed down onto Polandball, narrowly missing the women who had been dragged free at the last moment. As the smoke cleared, the men surged up onto the rubble of the building, pointing their rifles at Polandball's blooded face, which was the only part of him visible through the wreckage. The woman pulled her gas mask off, revealing shoulder length black hair, and dark skin suggesting a Bedouin. Her left eye was missing, and she wore a black eyepatch to cover it, but this didn't lessen the intensity of her glare as she looked down at Polandball, pulling her M1911 from its holster.

"Lukasz Golec, you are under arrest for so many crimes that I'm not even going to bother to list them. You have the right to remain silent, and I seriously recommend you exercise it." she said, pulling a cigar from her vest, and lighting it. She turned to the rest of her men, frowning. "Come on boys, what are you all waiting for? Dig him out already!"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Big... Poland.... Y-Yes..." muttered Golec weakly, before he passed out.

"Anyone have any idea what the fuck that means?" she asked, tilting her head. Her men shrugged. A group of police cars pulled up to investigate the explosion; Kara sighed, and walked down towards them to explain what had just transpired.
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Apprehension

Post by redwolfmoon99 Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 pm

"I...uh....what...?" Zephyr failed to find an appropriate response, his head to tilting to one side in pure bewilderment as his mind tried to process the sentence he just heard. Thankfully, the sight of a couple of police officers stopping and staring at the both of them from afar instantly snapped Zephyr from his mental blackout as his self-preservation instincts kicked in.

"Ah, what the hell, I got nothing better to do for now anyways." Zephyr sighed in resignation as he hefted his crate before motioning for Izzy to come along and get away from the crowded port, his eyes never leaving the two police officers staring at them. "Though let's go somewhere more...inconspicuous. We can talk about what exactly in the hell you mean later when we've found a safer place I can have a mental shutdown."

-------

"I apologize, ma'am. But we have evidence and eyewitness accounts that places Mr. Dantes at the scene of the recent incident. Any attempts to hinder the investigation is considered an obstruction of justice and a criminal offense." the policeman rebuked sternly, his voice stern and unyielding, before forcing a polite smile and flashing his badge.

"Look ma'am, I understand that it's really late and he's probably sleeping. Hell, I want this crap over and done with as much as you do. So, hows about you let me in for a sec and I just talk to Dantes for a bit, get some details about the incident at the docks...nothing much, just enough to shut up the boys back at the precint...and we can call it a night, eh? I promise, it will all be over soon."
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Tue May 17, 2016 8:52 pm

< Remy's Building >

Naraka frowned, before opening the door. "Fine, but make it quick. Like I said, he's been on a business trip for a week, and after that unpleasantness at the docks... we're both feeling pretty tired out."

It was at this point Remy emerged from his room, shirtless, a confused look on his face. "Anything I can help you with, officer?"

Naraka panicked. Something was off - definitely off. The air was electric with Kø. Ordinarily, this wouldn't have concerned her - the Aegaeonic Armory was coded with autodeploy functionality, allowing it to protect its users if they were attacked off-guard, and it took more than a few gunshots or stab wounds to kill her - but Remy was just an ordinary human. Her reflexes weren't particuarly noteworthy; if the officer - or some unknown, watching entity - tried anything, she might not be able to intervene in time. Subtly hiding one of her arms behind the open door, she materialized her spear, Vel, in its shortened dagger form, and slid it around into a reverse grip, her fingers tightening around the handle.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Izzy smiled.

Izzy Kandar: "There is no need to be reluctant or bewildered, friend! We can have a mental shutdown at the ba-"

Zanny, Izzy's small robotic companion conveniently hidden on his neck, quickly whispered that alcohol was, in fact, illegal during this time period in America.

Izzy Kandar: "-ck. Back of that building over there!"

Izzy pointed towards a nearby skyscraper and ran there. Once he and Zephyr were away from any policemen, the alien turned to Zephyr and began to ask him questions.

Izzy: "So what brings you to Rockbay City? I'm here for adventure. My research indicates there's a grand meeting going on tomorrow of important and powerful people! If we show up, we can find a job and beat the crap out of someone, not necessarily in that order!"

---

The Shadow Operative noted that the policeman was allowed in. He needed to get a closer look at the situation, and have his ear close. He quickly retreated into the night, his trusted ally.

Anyone looking out the door of the apartment would have noticed the shadow of a stray cat on a wall, patiently twirling its tail.

---

<North Ridge Party>

Elijah Cromwell left Jay Gatsby, Darianne Gray, and Clara Bow after a lengthy conversation with the three of them. He stopped by Mayor William Douglas Reed, smiling, nodding, and winking at the elected official. Once the mayor was free, Cromwell began to speak with him.

Elijah: "Lancer'll be here soon. I told him and his fiance to be fashionably late since they're the couple of the hour, so to speak."

Elijah chuckled as he grabbed a glass of champagne from a nearby waiter.

Elijah: "So how's politics? I'm sure the mob has been giving you plenty of trouble."

---

<1986 AD, Rockbay City, Rhode Island Side>

Mina Björk Kek, better known as "Minatop", returned to the year 1986 in haste. She shuffled around the warehouse, looking for her notes. Though the radio was playing music, she heard something coming from a nearby swivel chair. She teleported in front of it and held out her fist, but gasped when she noticed it was an old man...an old man she knew.

Mina: "How did you...?"

???: "60 years and I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve. Can't believe none of you have figured them out in the future."

Mina: "You're as much of an enigma in my time as you are in the 80s, but less than you were in the 20s."

She winked.

???: "Bah. The golden years."

Mina: "I assume Dalton's hiding behind the locker?"

Donald Dalton cursed out loud as he emerged, his hiding place spoiled.

Donald Dalton: "For the record, giving you a scare was his idea."

Mina rolled her eyes as the old man laughed.

???: "So, how is the operation coming along?"

Mina: "The grafitti has been placed. I'm to meet with the Protectors soon, but that'll happen when they go to Chowder Island."

???: "As you had said....anytime before then could be potentially damaging to the timeline."

Mina: "Yep."

Donnie Dalton: "Hard to believe we aren't anywhere near the beginning. Judging from what you had said when you first came to this year, I had assumed our enemy was still in hiding."

Mina: "I thought the universe was guiding me to this year, for obvious reasons!"

She pointed at her truly outrageous clothing and style, and struck a pose.

Mina: "But unfortunately, the problem I'm trying to fix is far too complex to try anything today, barring a tremendous paradox. No....I have to quietly manipulate things in the distant past and make sure our world is safe."

???: "Agreed. Good luck."

Mina: "Yeah....what could go wrong?"
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 pm

< North Ridge Party >

Reed scowled at Elijah, obviously drunk.

"Cut the shit, Cromwell. You of all people know how it is." replied Reed, downing a glass of champagne. His eyes nervously darted around the room, as if he expected Domino to come for him at any moment. "This whole city's going to shit. Look at this place - it's the middle of prohibition and everyone's drinking. Even I'm drinking, and I'm the mayor. What a shitshow. What a huge, humongous shitshow."

redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Opportunists & Assassins

Post by redwolfmoon99 Sat May 21, 2016 6:55 pm

"Well, that's an interesting question right there." Zephyr leaned on a conveniently-placed wall, slipping one hand inside his coat, seemingly searching for something. "Why are people attracted to Rockbay and other places like it? Why do they still come, knowing full well what awaits them is probably no better than what they had left behind, perhaps even worse? For some people, its the promise of a better life. The hope that maybe, just maybe, things are a bit better here. For others, its the promise of wealth and power. The expectation that in a city where everything and everyone has a price, they'd be able to show their worth. That they will-"

"Found it!" the Russian suddenly exclaimed, interrupting his own monologue as he covertly pulled out a hidden flask of vodka and took a long swig from the container, before letting out a satisfied sigh and wiping off his mouth with the back of his hand. "Anyways, what brings me to Rockbay? A big ass crate full of guns."

He gave the wooden crate at his feet a solid kick for emphasis.

-------

"Ah, Mr. Dantes, I presume?" The policeman smiled disarmingly as he entered the apartment and hung his police officer's cap on a nearby coat rack, as was the common show of respect when invited into someone's home, before approaching Remy Dantes. "Sorry to bother you this late at night, sir. But yes, there is something you can help me with..."

Without missing a beat, the police officer swiftly unholstered his standard issue .38 Colt Police Positive and subsequently emptied the six-round cylinder at his target, the irises of his eyes emitting a bright crimson glow.

"Die."
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Sat May 21, 2016 9:26 pm

< Remy's Apartment >

The gunshots rang out across the room, deafening Remy; he closed his eyes and shielded himself with his arms, as if that would've made any difference whatsoever. Six plinks sounded as the rounds were deflected way from him, embedding themselves in the surrounding walls. He opened his eyes, utterly confused; not only was he still alive, he was holding a golden, futuristic shield with which he had deflected the rounds. He realized that the hands he was holding it with were not his own and, looking down, that he was no longer in his own body - the world then seemed to slow to a halt as he attempted to process these events; Naraka had an expression of extreme confusion that bordered on outright anger, and the police officer who had attempted to kill him clearly had no idea what had just occurred. Remy felt a lump in his throat as he realized who's body he was in, but by that point Naraka was already running at him, and as he felt her tackle him towards the window, he found he was back in his own body.

The world began to move again.

An explosion opened up the side of his apartment, and he felt himself being pulled out into the midnight air, high above the streets below. Naraka cradled him in her arms as she turned, her gaze focusing on Remy's apartment. Golden particles spread out like wings from behind her back, detaching and materializing into Narayanastra units locked together in a honeycomb formation which hovered behind her as she fell through the air.

"Hey, hey, Naraka, that's my fucking apart-"

His words fell on deaf ears as the hatches on the front of the Narayanastra pods flew open, unleashing the payloads held within. Salvo after salvo of golden micromissiles shot out from the floating weapons array, like some vast rocket barrage emerging from midair; staccato explosions roared through the city, shattering every pane of glass in a hundred-meter radius as the side of Remy's apartment lit up in a wall of golden flame. Falling debris shot past Naraka as she turned, de-materializing the Narayanastra system as she landed on the street below, still cradling Remy in her arms. In one swift motion, she threw him to the ground before turning, drawing her bow, and aiming it at Remy's apartment, high above.

"Holy mother of overkill, Naraka! You just blew up my fucking apartment!"

"Be quiet."

"What, and you think he survived that? You probably killed half a dozen innocent people with him, Jesus fucking-"

"Narayanastra missiles self-destruct if they detect they're about to come too close to a Kø source that isn't the target's." she replied, frowning. She was a lot of bad things, but a lousy shot wasn't one of them. "But that officer was somehow able to mask his Kø... from this distance, I can't tell if he's still alive or not."

The sound of approaching emergency vehicles caught Naraka's ear. She frowned, but kept her bowstring drawn, aimed at Remy's apartment. She still had no way of knowing if he had survived.

---

< North Ridge Party >

The sound of the explosion could be heard from the party, and the golden column of light illuminating the Langley building was visible even from North Ridge. A mild panic set in amongst those partygoers who had seen or heard it in the distance. Two men in bowler hats and sunglasses walked up to Reed, whispering in his air.

"By gods... by who? A terrorist?" he asked, before nodding. "Elijah, there's been a huge explosion in Kings. I'm heading to town hall to co-ordinate the response efforts." he said, before walking off.

Domino overheard this, and quickly turned to Evelyn. "Did you just hear that? There's been an explosion in Kings." he replied, adjusting his mask. "Sorry to cut you off, but I'm going to head over there and investigate." he said, running out of the room. His red Harley-Davidson RL 45 was parked outside; he jumped on to it, and sped off towards Kings.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Sun May 22, 2016 3:01 am

<North Ridge, Party at Cromwell's Estate>

Elijah: "In that case, Wi-"

Commotion gripped the party as they all saw the distant explosion. Elijah quickly went to his stairwell and spoke aloud.

Elijah: "Everyone, please, calm yourselves. Mayor Reed has informed me that he will take care of things. All the proper authorities are being sent. We're safe here, so enjoy yourselves, please."

Elijah glanced at Evelyn from afar, and nodded at her. He didn't even need to use the telepathic connection she had formed between them, for the message was clear: they would both "step out for a moment" and disguise themselves. Sure, gossip would spread, but it was a necessary cover.

Minutes later, Bravarius emerged from the Cromwell estate and made his way to Kings District.

---

The Shadow Operative found himself in some rubble, blown back by the explosion. Whoever the girl protecting Remy is, she packed a punch.

Naraka felt her shadow suddenly come to life, as the Operative stepped forward and came to Remy.

The Shadow Operative: "Are you alright, Remy? What the hell happened?"

The Operative knew who he could trust at that moment, as it was clear that the policeman had gone rogue. Hopefully, he had been defeated.

---

Rockbay City, Connecticut Side, Southern Port

Izzy Kandar: "Vodka! Rare drink where I am from. May I have a swig now that we're away from the police?! Oh, yeah, and I'll help you with your weapon crate!!"

JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Sun May 22, 2016 12:44 pm

< Kings >

Naraka, turned, pressing the tip of her arrow to the Shadow Operative's neck, as she materialized a pair of Narayanastra pods to cover the apartment for her. Remy realized what she was about to do, and leapt towards her, pushing her bow arm down.

"Naraka, relax! He's one of the protectors."

Naraka's eyes coldly regarded him for a moment, before she turned back around, aiming her bow at the apartment. Whatever technique Remy had used to save himself back in his apartment had somehow earned him Naraka's ire, which in turn had left him feeling somewhat dejected. He turned back to the Shadow Operative. As a journalist at the Rockbay Reporter, Remy was familiar with most of the protectors thanks to the articles he wrote, and in turn he was relatively well regarded within the protectors, owing to him being one of their strongest advocates in the local media.

"I don't know what happened... One minute I was being questioned by a police officer, the next minute he was trying to kill me!"
    Niflheim
    Niflheim
    Cryomancer

Post by Niflheim Sun May 22, 2016 8:45 pm

[North Ridge Party]
    Evelyn sighed. "As if we're leaving each other for long." She looked over to Elijah, and she then made her way off to the bathroom to change into an alternative appearance. She donned a black button top, with some black pants. She had yet to create a distinct costume, and thus opted for a pure black, generic disguise. For her final piece, she put on a black theatre mask representing 'tragedy.'

She dashed out of the bathroom and made way to Bravarius' car. She got in and gave a thumbs-up. Bravarius hit the gas hard, and the two made way for the Kings' District.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:27 pm

< Kings' >

Bravarius's car turned dramatically into the main street through Kings', when a tremendous explosion erupted from underneath the car, sending it flying across the road and embedding itself in the wall of a nearby shop. Lightning crackled across the chassis of the car as the two occupants regained their senses, and saw a golden man walking down the street towards them, his body crackling with electricity. Whilst it first appeared he was naked, upon closer inspection one could clearly see his body was covered in a pearlescent golden chitin, like the armour of a beetle, with a thick, rubbery under-layer covering his joints where mobility was needed. The upper half of his torso was covered in a tattered black poncho, and his head was obscured by both a hood, and a plate of purple chitinous armor which covered the top half of his face, leaving only his mouth and jaw exposed - this part of his face seemed perfectly human, despite his otherwise inhuman appearance.

"You may not know who I am, Bravarius, but I am all too aware of who you are." replied Photinus, raising his arms to draw the energy from nearby streetlights into his own body. "It is for that reason I cannot allow you to interfere. Goodbye."

Photinus launched forwards, propelling himself across the road surface through magnetic repulsion. He accelerated rapidly towards Bravarius's car, his fists crackling with electricity.

< Kings', Rooftops >

Taking advantage of Photinus's distraction, a group of Kurazo's surviving men ran across the rooftops, closing in on Remy, Naraka and the Shadow Operative. Half of them jumped down, unsheathing their katanas and charging at the group. The rest remained on the roofstop, unleashing barrage after barrage of arrows at the trio.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 am

<Wreckage of Langley Building, Upper Kings District>

The Shadow Operative glared at Naraka before attempting to respond to Remy. Right when he was about to speak, a nearby car exploded. A being who could somehow command bolts of electricity appeared, and so did a multitude of affiliates of Kurazo. The Shadow Operative dodged the arrows and pushed both Naraka and Remy out of their way before disappearing.

Naraka: "Some Protector he was! The coward disappeared!"

Remy: "Oh, you're in for a show tonight, Naraka."

The katana wielding men that were approaching Naraka and Remy did not notice their own shadows rising up behind them, slowly raising their own black katanas. All they could feel was dread.

--

Bravarius broke through the wreckage, grabbed The Willbender (Evelyn) and leaped out of the ruined before Photinus could reach them.

Bravarius: "Foul fiend! Taste our wrath!"

He pulled out his Colt .45 and fired several rounds at Photinus' head.

---

Izzy Kandar jerked his head upwards as he heard several explosions coming from Kings District. He looked at Zephyr enthusiastically, seemingly trying to convince him to go investigate the source of this explosion.
    Niflheim
    Niflheim
    Cryomancer

Post by Niflheim Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:22 pm

[Wreckage of Langley Building, Upper Kings District]

Evelyn reached into her pockets and pulled out a revolver. Well Bravarius was shooting, Phonitus was rapidly closing distance. He took two shots at Phonitus, with no results. "Move!" Evelyn shouted. She knocked him out of the way of the impact of Phonitus' fist.

"Don't think one dodge will save your life, Bravarius." Phonitus gathered the photons again from the blast, and began crackling electricity.

"I'll send you back to where you came from, electric fiend!" shouted Bravarius. He began blasting away his Colts at Phonitus, but they had no effect on him due to his armor. Phonitus then pulled away his guns with his powers, tossing them aside. "No more games, Bravarius. Submit yourself now."

Behind them, Evelyn retreated to cover and began firing at Phonitus. A stray bullet hit the coverings in his kneecap joints. He stumbled for a moment, turning around to notice the masked hero. In the second of him turning around, Bravarius went up to him and gave him a swift uppercut to his face, knocking him over. "I will never submit myself to a demon like you!" He began pummeling him in the head, but Phonitus shocked Bravarius to little effect. What the?. He then theorized he must be an individual who had learned to use his aura. He kicked Bravarius off him, then floated up. Turning his attention towards Evelyn, he charged himself there. Evelyn dodged the impact with little scraping. She then decided to start controlling his mind. She peered into his past as a test subject, much to his dismay. The prying and commanding words was driving him mad, reminding him of his days as a test subject.

"Enough!" he shouted. He pulled the revolver from Evelyn with magnetism, then charged at her again. However, she was ready for it, and had pulled a knife(which she had enhanced with Kø) out to cut an opening in his joints.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm

< Kings' >

Photinus noticed the blade at the last moment, and braced himself. a sphere of energy emerged outwards from the centre of his chest, passing through the surrounding environment harmlessly, but transforming his body as it surged backwards towards his source. His golden exoskeleton and inhuman appearance disappeared, replaced by his original form, the suppression device in his chest letting off a fierce golden glow. A single spark ignited infront of it, sending himself and Evelyn flying away from one another, narrowly sparing him the bite of her knife. He came to a stop next to Bravarius's ruined car. Evelyn landed on the ground some distance away.

"Most people don't figure out my weakness that quickly." he replied, as red blood soaked through his trousers from the wound Evelyn had inflicted to his knee. "I suppose you Protectors aren't half as bad as we cracked you up to be. Or maybe... you are!" he roared, laughing, and pointing down the road towards Remy.

---

The two ninja were quickly taken down by the Shadow Operative's technique, but even more charged in. Naraka materialized her spear, quickly cutting them down in a flurry of indiscernible golden motion, before leaping into the air, unleashing a staccato burst of arrow-fire at the archers on the rooftops above. Her access to the Aegaeonic Armory meant she could materialize arrows from thin air whilst pulling the bow string back, whilst her superhuman strength and speed meant she could loose arrows at a rate comparable to an automatic rifle. The archers were, as a result, instantly wiped out, but by the time Naraka had landed, a ninja had taken hold of Remy, driving a dagger towards his neck.

"NO!" roared Naraka, jumping towards him. At that moment, a Harley-Davidson veered around the corner, and drove into the ninja. Domino jumped out, pirouetting through the air as he drew two pistols from his blazer and took out the approaching katana ninja. At he moment that he landed, the motorbike - and the ninja wrapped around its wheels - crashed into a nearby fuel tank, creating a huge explosion.

"It's been revoked." he said, adjusting his mask.

"I, uh, what?" replied Remy, confused. At that point, more ninja poured out of a nearby alleyway. Domino and Naraka cut them down as the Shadow Operative finished off the stragglers on the rooftop.

At that point, the nearby sewer hatches blew open, and hot steam poured out. Naraka pushed Remy to the ground, crouching on top of him as she took aim at the steam - someone was moving, no, flying within it. She felt control of her body being wrestled away from her as the vapour wrapped around her, lifting her up into the air before throwing her into the ground. Even the Shadow Operative was pulled from a nearby shadow, his obfuscation powers rendered useless by the sensory network that was this mysterious cloud of water vapour. Thick arms of it wrapped around Remy, lifting him into the air.

"Naraka! Help me!"

Naraka panicked. She materialized a golden chain which wrapped one end of itself around her right arm, with the other end shooting off towards him with a flick of her wrist. It stopped just before him, as if it had hit an invisible forcefield.

"It's as if it just hit an invisible forcefield." said Domino, frowning.

"Because that's exactly what it did." replied the man responsible for the fog, as he emerged from it, hovering in midair. His appearance was dishevelled, with long tattered clothes of indiscernible design and colour trailing well past his hands and feet, a shaggy mess of hair obscuring most of his face. Two glowing eyes looked down on the group as he floated towards Remy, his limbs trailing limply behind him. "My name is Samuel Malychar, but you may call me Weather Experience."

"Let go of him." replied Naraka, gritting her teeth. She dematerialized the chain, drawing her bow and sliding her spear into it, preparing to launch it as an arrow. A fierce golden glow emanated from it, along with a rush of energy so strong that she can to dig her feet into the ground to remain stationary.

Weather Experience shook his head. "I'm afraid my lord has-"

Naraka fired. The blast instantly destroyed his body, as well as blowing a hole clean through the row of houses behind him, which were fortunately evacuated. He re-materialized behind her, tendrils of fog wrapping around her limbs and restraining her.

"That wasn't very kind. I should take your body as a replacement for the one you just destroyed... but it appears my lord has plans for you as well." he replied, as his fog-like essence seeped into the body of one of the dead ninjas, resurrecting it. "Farewell, Naraka Ishtar." he replied, as his new body flew into the air, the surrounding fog collapsing into a thick, small cloud which rapidly shot away, taking Remy with it. Photinus jumped up at the last moment, catching hold of a trailing tendril of fog, which he held onto like a rope. He looked down at Evelyn and Bravarius, saluting as he flew away.

"Kuwa-fucking-bara." he said, grinning, as Photinus, Weather Experience and Remy disappeared off the coast of Rockbay.

"He didn't say farewell to me." said Domino, frowning. "What an insult."

Naraka turned, and ran in the direction Remy had been taken. However, she was stopped by the Shadow Operative, who stuck his arm out in front of her.

"This isn't something you can do alone."
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Bravarius quickly recomposed himself, and ran with Evelyn to where The Shadow Operative, Naraka, and Domino were gathered.

Bravarius: "What the hell just happened, and who are you?!"

Of course, Bravarius knew who Domino was, but this was as Elijah Cromwell. He needed to keep up appearances and have his identities be distinct, so he acted as though he did not know Domino.

The Shadow Operative calmly pointed at Naraka.

Shadow Operative: "She's Naraka Ishtar, or at least that's what they called her."

Before anyone had the chance of introducing themselves, he quickly turned to Naraka and asked her a question out loud.

The Shadow Operative: "Who was Remy investigating?! Be honest and level with us. I have kept tabs on every Protector and Super in both Rockbays, and I have never seen anyone like the men we just faced, or the one who tried to kill Remy in the first place. Was it the mob? The Mayor?"

Bravarius silently held out his hand to be shaken by Domino.

Bravarius: "Pleasure to meet you. I thank you for your assistance against those vile fiends."

He turned to The Shadow Operative.

Bravarius: "Shadow Operative, it would be best if Ms. Naraka informed the entire Protectors, not simply three of us and this fellow right here."

The Shadow Operative: "Can we trust you to stay around for tomorrow? As I said...this isn't something you can do alone."

Bravarius whispered to Evelyn.

Bravarius: "First the substance sales, then Remy getting kidnapped. This hasn't been a normal night for Rockbay."

Down the street, on the wall of one of the evacuated buildings, there was a chalk inscription saying "It's all connected".

---

<1986 AD, Rockbay City, Rhode Island Side>

Donnie Dalton: "--and you're sure your plan won't create a paradox? You just warned us about it."

Mina: "Absolutely. It is as I had explained. Still, it's a huge risk. If I create a paradox or make an error while jumping, I could land in an alternate universe. It wouldn't be the first time, and it would be devastating to the future, but it's better than the alternative...."

The old man shook his head and cursed in another language.

???: "Right. A paradox could also erase our world."

A tear in space-time opened in front of Mina, its wisps twirling and seemingly calling to her. Out of the tear emerged a white, skull-like mask with a red emblem in its center. It radiated with dark power from beyond their realm. Mina quickly grabbed it and tossed it back in, hoping that whoever it belonged to would never have to come looking for it in their world.

Mina looked over to Donnie Dalton and the old man (who, in fact, was The Shadow Operative himself as an old man), and sighed. The weight of the world was on her shoulders.

Minatop: "Duty calls."

Donnie Dalton: "Good luck."

Minatop: "Yeah, this won't be easy....and we're just getting started."

The Shadow Operative: "G-dspeed. And Mina?"

Minatop: "Yes, sir?"

The Shadow Operative smiled morosely, reminiscing of days gone by.

TSO: "Send Elijah my regards."

Minatop smiled and nodded, then leaped into the time portal. She was pulled across the timeline to her destination.

redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Late To The Party

Post by redwolfmoon99 Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Zephyr returned the flask of vodka back into his coat's hidden pocket as explosions rocked the nearby Upper Kings District.

"Well, I didn't really come here looking for trouble. Buuut...." the Russian reached into his wooden crate and pulled out a newly manufactured Fedorov Avtomat automatic rifle. "Guess we might as well see what the hell's going on."

Making sure the crate is properly hid among some other conveniently-placed wooden crates at the back of the building, Zephyr motioned for Izzy to follow as he broke into a sprint towards the location the explosions seemed to come from.

-------

[ Wreckage of Langley Building, Upper Kings District ]

The cloaked, shadow-clad figure watched from its vantage point on one of the nearby evacuated buildings, having seen and overheard everything but managing to avoid detection, even after having a building collapsed on its former host.

"How dissapointing." It's voice intoned as the figure's irises glowed crimson. It seems that the opportunity to assassinate its target has once more eluded it, and things will be more complicated with the unexpected involvements of various other unknown elements.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:26 pm

< Kings' >

Naraka frowned. "I don't need your help, and I don't work with amateurs. Go home and catch some sleep, and I'll have this all sorted by the morning."

"Sheesh, take a look at little miss ego over here." replied Domino, tutting. "You just levelled half the city, and you have the nerve to call these people amateurs?"

Naraka looked around. He had a point. She sighed, and materialized a brown sack in her hand, handing it to Domino.

"What's this?"

"Compliments of the Byzantine Empire. It should cover the repair costs."

Domino opened the sack. His eyes widened. He closed the sack.

"...That still doesn't change the fact that you can't do this alone, Naraka. Work with us. Together we can rescue Remy - and defeat Thule. I'm guessing the latter of the two is more important to you."

"...Fine. But I'm working with you, not for you. And I'm not one of the protectors."

They wouldn't want you anyway, you stuck-up bitch. Domino smirked as he saw Evelyn stifling a giggle in the corner of his vision; she had obviously read his thoughts. He stuck his hand out to shake it, but she merely disappeared in a glow of golden light.

Domino sighed, and turned back to the group. "We should meet up again in the morning, with as many of the protectors as possible. Naraka can tell us all she knows, and then we can go from there."

---

< Palmyra, Syria >

The underground city, which had been one of the five capital cities of the ancient Vedic empire, was exactly as Naraka had last left it. The city was nearly identical to the one on the surface above it, if not for the startlingly high level of technology exhibited; hardlight bridges covered the expanses between the various platforms the city was built on, whilst columns of hardlight anchored the platforms to the cavern's roof, anchoring them high above the pool of fluorescent blue water below. The air was stiff and stale; the city had been cut off from the outside world for nearly two millenia. It would no doubt make an astounding find for the first explorer lucky enough to rediscover it; the technology exhibited here was far above anything created after the birth of Christ, and would no doubt revolutionize the modern world. Fortunately, the Vedic people were forward-thinking, and had destroyed all of their military technology before the Empire's eventual collapse; the discovery of this city, then, would not plunge the world into a deadly arms race.

They had, however, left one weapon behind for future use.

Naraka slid the door of the tomb of Kanos Jai open, and stepped inside. A set of stairs took her down into the central chamber, where the tomb lay, her bow resting on top of it. A mural depicting the rise and fall of the Vedic Empire was etched into the single wall which surrounded the chamber, but Naraka had no need to refresh her memory of these events. She calmly walked to the tomb, and ran her fingers across the surface of the tomb, before wrapping her hand around Vijaya, the bow sat upon it. Power seeped into her body from it - none of the other artefacts contained in the Aegaeonic Armory even came close in terms of power. Its aesthetics fit her perfectly. The bow was matte black, with a golden internal frame that shone through at certain places. As she lifted it up, segments of the bow slid around, its total size decreasing; the last time she had held this bow, she had inhabited a male body, and so now she required a slightly smaller bow so that it did not prove unwieldy. With the correct size now established, the bow flickered into life; the energy core located within the handle emitted a blue glow which shot out from between Naraka's fingers, and a beam of light appeared between the tips of the two limbs, acting as the bow's string. A hexagonal hardlight panel appeared next to the arrow rest, displaying the current wind conditions (nonexistent), type of arrow loaded (absent), and predicted shot location (precisely nowhere). She dismissed it by running her fingers across it; she didn't need the tutorial. She collapsed the bow into its storage configuration, and attached it to a magnetic holster panel located at the small of her back.

"And here was me thinking I had you figured for a woman of honour."

"You spend two millennia dwelling in the ruins of a fallen empire, and have the nerve to accuse me of being a scavenger?" replied Naraka, addressing the man who - as she had been aware - had been observing her from the doorway of the chamber for the past couple of minutes. She looked up at him; under the hood he wore, she could make out the visage of his masked face coldly regarding her.

"Don't mistake my surprise for criticism. If you have the strength to take something, then it rightfully belongs to you. He taught us both that."

"He was a fool. And now, he's dead. The way it should be."

"We were once friends, Astaroth. And if I remember correctly, you and he were lovers."

"Your point being?"

Arc Blair chuckled. "No point. Just an old man reminiscing."

Naraka walked up the stairs, coming to a stop just before him. She folded her arms.

"I genuinely didn't expect to find you still here... still clinging to the same old misguided ideals. I thought you would've moved on with your life. Settled down somewhere. Died."

"I can't. Not whilst his legacy still dwells in infamy."

"His legacy is evil itself. It will always dwell in infamy."

"His legacy is the means by which humanity may rise above itself. It shall be indispe-"

"-Indispensable in the decades to come. Yeah, I know. I've heard it all before."

Naraka stepped past him, and walked out of the tomb. She stopped a few feet away. He still stood in the doorway, his back turned to her.

"Are you involved with Thule?" she asked.

"I've never heard the name."

"Are you involved with anything at all in the world above?"

"Not at the moment."

Naraka sighed, partially out of relief. She didn't want to kill another old friend.

"You're the last adherent of his religion, Blair. Take my advice; let it end with you." she said, before leaving in a burst of golden light. Blair chuckled, before returning to his seat before the statue of Kanos Jai, and continuing his meditation.

--

< Rockbay, Early Morning >

Naraka re-materialized atop city hall, looking out on the city below. The protectors were meeting in a few hours. She would stand watch up here until needed.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:22 am

<Wreckage of the Langley Building, Kings District, Connecticut Side

OOS: JS, look at your PMs.

Bravarius scoffed at Naraka's rude attitude. The Shadow Operative turned to Domino and stood in front of him.

The Shadow Operative: "Thule? We've heard that name before. Who are they? What are they?"

Bravarius: "I am certain Commander Domino and that feisty bird will give us an earful at the meeting tomorrow, Operative. It's getting late, and he needs to explain things to the authorities with our assistance."

The Shadow Operative stared at Domino for a while, then nodded silently.

The Shadow Operative: "Fine. That's two cases we need to discuss."

The Operative disappeared, his own powers whisking him into the night as Bravarius, Evelyn, and Domino explained things to the police, who had conveniently just arrived. They all eventually left, but an investigator stayed and surveyed the crime scene. He did not notice the figure that had attempted to assassinate Remy just a few moments earlier.  

Suddenly, Izzy Kandar and Zephyr arrived.

Izzy Kandar: "It's time to kill the day and save the villains! I mean kill the villains and save the day!"

The investigator glared at them.

Investigator: "You're with the Protectors, aren't you? Your people just left. You're late."

He continued on his way.

Izzy: "Damn, oh well. Time to find your stuff, Zephyr!"

But Zephyr could tell something was wrong. He sensed a dangerous presence nearby...

---

OOS: Paws, see your PM.

Agent Jeremiah Solemn tapped his ringed hand on Evander's desk.

Jeremiah Solemn: "I've a new assignment for you, Blackfeather. We need assistance in Rockbay City, Connecticut. Various mafias and gangs are bootlegging and trading in mysterious substances. I know you also received that telegram from Special Agent Seth Jones speaking of a sudden increase in mysterious super-related activities in that city. Commander Hans 'Domino' Baudoin claims that he believes an organization known as 'Thule' is involved, but we have little to no information on them. We simply know that it is our duty to get Rockbay under control and stop the mob, before it's too late. Your expertise will be vital to our joint mission with the Wisemen there. Agent Jane Braxton and Commander Domino will be your handlers. You answer to them, collect fingerprints, and file all necessary paperwork they ask you to take care of. You set off to Rockbay tonight and join your handlers. They will brief you on the rest. Is that clear?"

---

<Warehouse, Pennymans District, Rockbay City, Connecticut Side>

Irish gangsters Alex and Yuri cowered before Sean Murphy, a young relative of the Murphy family who also acted as an enforcer. Sean slammed his fist on the table and glared at both of the criminals.

Sean Murphy: "You both screwed up. All you had to do is make a damned sale, but now, thanks to YOU, the Protectors know about our deal!!! And we got no money!"

Alex: "Boss, we promise, he didn't get any of it. All he did was rough us up!"

Yuri: "Yeah, that's all, honest! He beat us up and scared our client off, but they got what they came for!"

Yuri would not dare say that he snitched. He would be killed.

Sean Murphy: "I oughtta bump you off!"

He sighed.

Sean Murphy: "At least there's a silver lining. You kept a case for us. Plus, we're lucky the bulls ((feds)) managed to take down Golec and aren't that interested in us yet. But if Makarov or the Queen start looking at Pennymans again and the feds have to step in, I swear, Uncle's gonna have my head....anyway, get out of my sight. We'll talk again later."

Yuri: "Sure, boss."

---

<North Ridge>

Elijah Cromwell returned to the party, adjusting his suit and collar. He smiled, greeting his old friend Lancer and his fiancé, who had both arrived 20 minutes earlier.

Elijah Cromwell: "Sorry, I had to take care of something that came up. I also spent some time talking to the Mayor. Poor fellow had to solve that bomb problem and needed help."

Lancer: "Goodness, I had heard about it. Anarchists?"

Elijah: "No, thankfully. I suppose it's the mob."

Lancer's fiancé, Ellie S. Viel, shook her head.

Ellie: "I hope no one was hurt!"

Elijah: "A journalist was kidnapped, but the Mayor said that everyone else was safe. Anyway, he sends his regards."

Lancer nodded, and they started to have a spirited conversation that included several other guests. Nearby, some of Elijah's friends from the country club cracked jokes.

???1: "Hehe, think he stepped out with a flapper?"

???2: "Yeah, Elijah Cromwell, the Sheik of Araby!"

They laughed. A guest passed by, having overheard their jokes, and rolled his eyes.

----------

The Next Morning, Hall of the Protectors

The Rockbay Convention Center had an arrangement with the Protectors to allow them to host their meetings on certain days of the month. A massive dome overlooked a stage in the center of the center, and on this stage there was large square table with the emblem of our heroes in its center. Already two members of the Protectors were present.

Naraka saw several other Protectors making their way to the center, wearing vibrant costumes that were shining under the rising sun. Next to her climbed an elderly man carrying a suitcase with him. He smiled at her, and laughed.

The Clockmaker: "Ooh, would you like to buy a watch?"

Naraka shook her head and glared at him, attempting to intimidate him with her sheer power. The Clockmaker simply laughed.

The Clockmaker: "Oh well, hahahah, it's fine! We all have our needs, but they're on sale! Just keep an eye open!!!"

Naraka rolled her eyes and face-palmed. When she looked back up, she noticed that the Clockmaker was no longer with her. Instead, he was conversing with Bravarius and Evelyn haggling them.

The Clockmaker: "No time, I take it? Do not worry, it will be fixed! Hahahhaha!"

Bravarius: "Sir, for the last time, none of us are interested in buying watches. You ask us every day."

The Clockmaker: "Ah, but today is special! Insects surround us, but we cannot see them until we turn on the lamp! And then the birds come."

Bravarius: "Alright, take care of yourself."

The Shadow Operative came by, but simply raised his hand up to ignore the old man. The Clockmaker simply laughed, and muttered something like a maniac. He stopped in front of Evelyn again, and handed her a watch.

The Clockmaker: "You will need this, trust me."

He smiled, then disappeared.

--

Minutes later, all of the Protectors had been assembled. Naraka was present as well, but she was told to wait for Commander Domino, who said that he would be coming with Special Agent Braxton and a certain "Evander", both affiliates of the BOI, who were conducting a joint investigation with the Wisemen. Naraka was about to storm out of the building, but she decided to entertain herself by observing what she perceived as futile attempts on behalf of the Protectors to understand what was going on. The newly elected Chairman of the Board spoke up.

Lionheart: "Let us discuss any business that does not concern our guests before they arrive. Does anyone have anything to report?"
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

< USS Bastion, Rockbay Harbor >

"Remy Dantes. Dantes. How do you spell that?"

Kara looked over to Domino, who sat by the cabin window, drinking coffee and reading intensely from the most recent issue of the Rockbay Reporter.

"Yo, Cap."

"Oh, Sorry." replied Domino, looking over to Kara. "Dee-Ae-Enn-Tee-Ee-Ess."

"Remy Dantes. Age: 25. Ethnicity: Coloured. Occupation: Journalist. Known Superpowers: None. Shortest file I've ever written up."

"It's not often we get an easy task in this line of work." replied Domino, as Kara pulled Remy's file from the typewriter, and slid a new page in. "You should be thankful."

"Can't say that I wouldn't rather be out on the street right now, but hey." replied Kara, taking a sip from her cup of coffee. She began to type. "Naraka Ishtar. Age... Any idea?"

"I didn't get a good look at the back of her hands." replied Domino, nonchalantly.

"What?"

Domino looked over to Kara. "Didn't you know? You can always tell a woman's age by looking at the back of her hands."

Kara looked down at her own hands. "Bullshit."

"No, seriously, give it a go next time you're trying to work out someone's age. It's never failed me."

Kara turned away, sighing. "Age: Unknown. Ethnicity: Unknown. If her outfit's anything to go by, she's probably a descendant of one of the ethnic groups that made up the Three Kingdoms Treaty."

"Which means she's either Vedic, Atlantean, or Babylonian." replied Domino, stroking his chin. "Great. This is just great." he replied, a faint smirk appearing on his lips. "A rogue Three-Kingdomer, unrestrained by the ancient tenets enforcing the secrecy surrounding their hyper-advanced technology, going up against the might of Thule and the Protectors-"

"Wait, the Protectors? You really think she'll fight the Protectors?"

"I firmly believe it is inevitable. Naraka fights with no concern for collateral damage, which is something protectors such as Bravarius and Lionheart cannot stomach. But it is indicative of an even greater lack of empathy within her." replied Domino, standing up, and adjusting his mask with a press of his middle finger. "There is no doubt in my eyes... If the situation warrants it, Naraka will use the Vedic Lunar Cannon and wipe out the city. We can't let her opposition to Thule mask the fact that she is, essentially, a villain capable of equal or greater evil."

"You don't seem very concerned."

"I can only ever look at the positives of any situation. Whilst the stakes are high... this is the first opportunity the Wisemen have ever had to recruit someone like Naraka. If the weapon that sunk Atlantis then became an asset of the United States... at that point, Manifest Destiny would probably be realised."

Kara smirked, and looked out of the window. "We stopped being about law enforcement a long time ago, didn't we?"

"We serve a greater cause now, Kara. Not the Bureau. Not even America - we serve democracy and liberty, and we seek the means by which they may propagate themselves across the globe - even if it requires us becoming the devil to do so."

"Or, in this case, working with her."

---

< Meeting >

"Ngeh-! I'm sorry for being so late!" said Domino, red-faced. Naraka nodded her head, uncaringly.

"Uh-huh."

"We, uh, got too caught up in having a dramatic conversation, and we completely lost track of time."

"I see."

"You don't care, do you?"

"Nope."

Domino sighed. "Well, I suppose that works out in our favour. Let's go and see what the Protectors are discussing today - I don't think Bravarius has arrived yet."

Naraka sighed, and walked over to the stage, slumping down on a seat just in front of it.
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Post by redwolfmoon99 Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:56 pm

[ Wreckage of Langley Building, Upper Kings District ]

"Damn. Guess we're late to the party." Zephyr stated as he kicked over a still-standing brick which used to be a part of the now-destroyed Langley Building. He slung his automatic rifle over his shoulder and started turning towards Izzy when he suddenly felt a dangerous, albeit strangely familiar somehow, presence nearby. Casting a look over to a nearby rooftop, he spotted a cloaked figure seemingly wreathed in shadows and emitting a faint glow of red psionics.

-------

The shadowed figure locked eyes with the new arrival.

So this is him. The figure remembered the presence it had sensed earlier heading towards the city, and also its master's command to not interfere with it unless forced to. He carries the same blood as us, it seems.

Noticing how the subject of it's observations appears to be trying to inch away covertly to his decidedly non-human companion, the figure's eyes glowed a bright red as it blinked away in a cloud of black mist.

-------

"What. The. Fuck." Zephyr swore out loud as the unsettling shadow-cloaked stalker he had locked eyes with, and which seemed to be staring deep into his soul, suddenly seemingly vanished in a puff of smoke. "Hey, Izzy! Did you just see that freaking creepy shit?!"
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 am

<Meeting, The Next Morning, The Hall of the Protectors>

Everyone shook their head as Naraka reentered with Domino.

Lionheart: "Welcome, Commander. With everyone's permission, I'd like to have Commander Domino, Naraka, Bravarius, The Shadow Operative, and Evelyn all present their findings."

The Shadow Operative and Bravarius looked to Naraka and Commander Domino, signalling that they would wait for them to present first.

---

Izzy Kandar: "I didn't see anything, but now that you mention it...I felt something."

Izzy pulled out his rifle and searched the area. He angrily sighed after he found nothing.

Izzy: "What the hell was that, and when can we kill it?!"

JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:37 pm

<Meeting>

Naraka folded her arms.

"I was investigating a few mysterious occurrences in the city. Some Yakuza thugs had kidnapped a young man named Remy Dantes, because he was investigating suspected links between Mayor Reed, and the mysterious 'Thule' organisation. After I rescued him, a police officer showed up at his apartment and tried to kill him. Probably an assassin sent by Reed."

"Reed? You think Mayor Reed is the source behind all this crime?" replied Bravarius, standing up. "In that case, we need to go and arrest him immediately. We can't-"

Suddenly, the chair under Bravarius exploded, killing him instantly. Before the rest of the heroes could react, explosives planted throughout the entirety of the convention hall exploded, wiping the Protectors out. Naraka looked around in horror - the few survivors were quickly mowed down by machinegun fire from the entrance of the room, as Reed emerged, flanked on either side by strange men in Thule uniforms, carrying BARs. Reed chuckled.

"Well, if it isn't Naraka Ishtar. Photinus warned me about you - but he needn't have."

"You... You monster..." replied Naraka, materialising her spear behind her back. Reed chuckled, and slid a revolver from his sleeve, kneecapping her. She fell to the floor, groaning in agony.

"You think this is a reality where you win, you little bitch? You really want to know how I got this job? It certainly wasn't through phonebanking." he replied, grinning. "Most people don't assume that someone with an appearance as unassuming as mine could be a Super... yet here we are. Oh, and-"

He raised his revolver to her eye, and fired. She screamed, grappling at her half-absent face.

"I know you're aiming the Vedic Lunar Cannon at the city. I wouldn't try firing it if I were you - you see, I'm not here to kill you... just to deliver a message."

"What are... what are you even saying?"

"Everything in this room is an illusion. A false reality created by my powers." he added, gesturing to the room around him. "Everyone in this room is definitely dead. But this is just one of the possible outcomes that could have transpired after I first activated my ability forty-five seconds ago. And once I use my ability again, time will revert back to the point I first used it - and this outcome will be removed from the roster of possible outcomes. It will be physically impossible for me or my men to march into this room and massacre you, or for us to activate the bombs we've planted in this room - and only you and I will be aware of this fact."

"I don't understand."

"I don't require you to. Just remember this; the pain you just felt was very real. And, whilst your body will revert to its prior state, the memories will remain. Let it serve as a reminder of the penalty for disobeying me." he said, adjusting his cufflinks. "My instructions are simple; you will not mention my name when you speak to the rest of the Protectors. You shall not implicate me or my operations, even indirectly. If I am even the slightest bit suspicious, I will use my ability to reset time, and remove the possibility of my implication from the continuum of possible events. It would be, in the very literal sense of the word, futile."

"And what if I just kill you as soon as you reset time?"

"You think I haven't thought of that? I've already set an automatic reset point to revert me in case I'm killed." he replied, grinning. "In fact, I set it thirty-four thousand years ago."

Naraka's eyes widened. "You mean you're a-?"

------

<Meeting>

Naraka folded her arms, before blinking in surprise. She was healed - and everyone in the room was alive. Her heart pounded in her chest - she looked to the door, knowing Reed and his men were just outside, listening. She was acutely aware of the explosives planted throughout the building - but she also had no reason to suspect Reed would use them without reverting afterwards. A wave of realisation rushed through her, as she struggled to restrain her exterior cool. Thirty-four thousand years ago. And he could sense the Vedic Lunar Cannon... he's a bloody three-kingdomer...

"Naraka, are you alright?" asked Domino, looking up to her.

Domino wasn't aware that he had just died. Nor was anyone in this room - only she and Reed had any memories from before the reset. A bead of sweat rolled down her forehead. A rogue three-kingdomer. The targeting matrix on the Vedic Lunar Cannon won't fire on the city if it detects his biological signature inside the explosion radius. And his ability is the strongest I've ever seen. And... Evelyn's reading my mind.

She resisted her urge to look over to Evelyn - if Reed was aware that Evelyn was a psychic, he might realise that his plan wasn't as watertight as he thought. Evelyn, Mayor Reed is outside with a squad of Thule operatives. When I tried to implicate him in Remy's kidnapping, he burst in and killed everyone, before using his ability to reset-

------

<Meeting>

Naraka folded her arms. A feeling of Deja Vu washed over her, before she realized what had just happened. No matter how hard she tried to concentrate, she couldn't form a cohesive train of thought for Evelyn to read - the reality in which Evelyn realized Reed's ability by reading Naraka's mind was no longer one which could possibly come to fruition. Naraka's heart sunk.

"Naraka, are you alright?" asked Domino, looking up to her.

Naraka looked towards the door.

------

<Meeting>

Naraka folded her arms.

So, I can't even look over to the door now?

"Naraka, are you alright?" asked Domino, looking up to her. "Well, do you know who kidnapped Remy?"

Naraka looked over to him. Beneath the surface of her cool demeanour, she was burning with rage the likes of which she had never felt before. She had, for the first time in her existence, been well and truly beaten.

"Not a clue."
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 pm

<Meeting, The Hall of the Protectors>

No one realized what had happened, that they had been killed and respawned countless times. It was like they were in some kind of Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story™ or something.

The Shadow Operative: "What a shame. It was a good lead. What a rotten end. Anyway, while on my rounds I came across a deal of mysterious substances that can allegedly create superhumans. One of the individuals involved claimed to be linked to Augustín Apolion. Anyway, apparently a crate of this will be sold to someone on Chowder Island, and other crates will be sold elsewhere."

Bravarius, performing in the hammy, swashbuckler voice associated with his superhero personality, responded.

Bravarius: "And thus, we surmise that the fiend Apolion has ties to the mob."

Father Sebastian Tock Jayeschar, better known as "Kirei, the Priest that Cleaned Up Kings District," shook his head.

S.Tock Jayeschar: "Apolionnu...once again he has betrayed this city."

Lionheart: "How does this connect?"

TSO: "I am not certain. But there have been mysterious notes about the...."Thule" organization Remy was investigating. One of the notes said "It's all connected." It appears that a mysterious party knows we're investigating these two incidents..."

Bravarius: "In addition, how could mere miscreants such as those you described be dealing in things that can bestow abilities upon others?"

Everyone glared at Bravarius. He was in a room of allies, some of which knew his real identity. It was time to cut the crap.

Bravarius: "Fine. How could have the Irish mob have the connections to obtain something like that? Murphy is powerful, but he's not that powerful. I would expect something like that from the Queen of Spades."

Lionheart: "In any case, we must investigate further and stop the flow of this substance. A mobster getting their hands on it would be deadly, and if these 'Thule' people take it...it would be worse."

Everyone presented more things and everything was explained. They decided to split up: one team would go after all mobs involved with the substance being traded, while the others would go to Chowder Island to find out what this mad scientist was doing. The Chowder squadron, jokingly referred to as the "Sense of Right Alliance" by Domino, all hoped that The Shadow Operative's intuition was right: everything is connected, so this is their best way of finding Remy Dantes.

---

<Outside of the Hall>

The Clockmaker limped up to Mayor Reed, and showed him his wares.

The Clockmaker: "Ohohoh! A man who has a lot of time needs a watch!"

William Douglas Reed: "Piss off, bum. You can't even vote so I have no interest in pleasing you."

The Clockmaker: "Croak croak! Kermitty Kermit!"

WDR: "What?"

The Clockmaker laughed, then suddenly scowled. He raised his palm, and suddenly the Mayor saw Rockbay drift away like sand. The Clockmaker's eyes glowed with an eerie golden light, and he spoke with a booming voice.

The Clockmaker: "Your efforts to ruin the course of history have not gone unnoticed. Allow events to proceed as they are, or the timeline will be altered when it is not time for it to be altered. And if time is altered at the wrong time...."

Reed felt the molecules of his body leave him, one by one. The torturous affair lasted until he was completely disassembled, then resumed. Over and over again, he was taken apart and reassembled, screaming constantly, until he was reformed in an upright position.

The Clockmaker: "The ruination of your reputation will be the least of your worries. Now remember, I said at the wrong time."

The horrified Mayor Reed slumped down, finding himself back at the Hall of the Protectors. To the rest of his soldiers, he had spaced out. But he knew what had happened. After finally calming down and recomposing himself, he started to ponder when the right moment to use his time-related powers would be.

---

North Port, Chowder Island, Massachusetts.

Hours later, the squadron of Protectors arrived on the port of Chowder Island, a quiet and quaint entry into an island filled with mystery.

Bravarius: "That dastardly Dr. Vassily must be up to something if he's the one buying up that substance."

The group could hear someone crying, and saw someone curled in a fetal position on the cold sand near the dark waters.

OOS: You now have a fork in your path. Your character can either join the Protectors that will fight the mob, or join the Protectors that will figure out what the HECK is going on in Chowder Island. Choose!

---

<Rockbay City Hall (Connecticut Side)>

Several hours later, when Mayor Reed came by, he noticed a man sitting at his desk, smiling. Sherman Landa had arrived.
    Kon
    Kon
    The Chronicler
    The Chronicler

Coins : 15485

Post by Kon Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:42 am

Darkness set upon an inconspicuous warehouse as evening turned into night over Rockbay City. One man, clearly agitated judging from the way he cricked his fingers while walking, strode through the dark expanse. The moonlight gleaming through the window provided his only light source, for in his haste, he had forgotten to bring one of his own. Fortunately, he knew the layout of the warehouse like the back of his hand, as he proved by navigating the sea of crates and barrels with ease.

The man was Albrecht Lutz, a trusted member of the Murphy family mafia. He was in no way a family man, but the generosity showed to him by some of the higher-ranking members of the family was more enough to keep him around, even after all the years spent doing their dirty work. Usually, he would spend his time roughing up the poor men (and sometimes women) who crossed the Murphys the wrong way, but tonight he had been assigned to watch over some new and important "cargo" in one of their warehouses until someone else could take over from him in the morning.

Lutz was, of course, infuriated at being given such a mundane task, but he knew better than to question the demands of Mrs. Murphy. While taking out his frustration on the wall of his apartment, Lutz came up with an idea that could satisfy them both. His younger brother, Kurt, recently arrived in town and found himself in need of work, so Albrecht came to him and made him an offer. If Kurt took Albrecht's place at the warehouse and did some other boring shit that Albrecht didn't feel like doing, he'd reward him in beer and cash; Kurt's favorite things.

Kurt was a simple man with simple pleasures and simple goals. Since childhood, he had followed his older brother's lead, who took the role of a father figure to fill the void left by their real father. However, as you might imagine, Albrecht was never the shining example of an upstanding citizen. With Albrecht's encouragement, Kurt soon found himself indulging in some of the most unhealthy (and illegal) pleasures enjoyed by hardened criminals before he even hit 18. That was a long time ago now, but by some dumb luck, both brothers were still alive at the ages of 27 and 31.

Now, back to the present. Albrecht had told Kurt to meet him at the warehouse so that he could let him inside and instruct him where to stand, but upon arriving at their agreed-upon meeting point, Kurt was nowhere to be seen, and the warehouse door was unlocked. Something was afoot.

"Kurt, you dumb bastard, where the hell are ya?!" Albrecht shouted through the darkness.

After turning another corner, a dim light caught his eye from the other side of the warehouse. He made his way there, and to his dismay, Kurt was in front of him in Mr. Murphy's office. From the looks of it, Kurt was enjoying himself a bit too much: he had his feet up on the table and an empty bottle in his hand.

"Theeeere you are." Kurt said, drawing out the word 'there' for added emphasis. "You took your bloody time. Where were you?"

Albrecht's eye twitched. "What the FUCK are you doing in here?! You know, if you crept in here any other night, the boys would've shot you dead, if you're lucky... do you know the kind of shit I've had to do to make them trust me? How the hell did you even get in, anyway?"

"I got bored of waiting for you so I let myself in. Easy."

"You were supposed to meet me outside the front gate at 10."

Kurt's relaxed expression changed to one of genuine confusion "10? I thought you said 9."

"I said NOT 9, you fucking idiot."

Kurt rolled his eyes as his brother grabbed him by the waistcoat and pulled him off his chair. Kurt was pretty heavy, with a prominent beer belly, so the fact that Albrecht was able to do this with no strain was pretty remarkable. Albrecht turned off the office light and pulled Kurt out into the warehouse.

"Now follow me." Albrecht said. He let go of his brother and walked away, with Kurt reluctantly following behind.

OOS: To be continued. Character sheets have been approved and edited into the first post.

Last edited by Kon on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 pm

< Chowder Island >

Domino looked around, adjusting his mask. "The evil of 「THULE」 must surely reside on this island. Naraka, what do you propose we do?"

Naraka scoffed. "I'm not working with you."

"I know. But humor me; inspire us with your superior judgment."

Naraka smirked. And who said flattery got you nowhere?

"I'm going to destroy Thule. I don't need your assistance, but... it wouldn't be unwelcome."

"Tsun-tsun!" replied Domino, before being slapped by Kara.

"Stay safe, Commander Domino." replied Kara, angrily wiping her hand against her uniform. "The rest of the Wisemen will remain here, and help track down the mob activities on this island."

"That seems like the best solution." replied Domino, turning and saluting his men, who saluted in turn. "Remember your duties as officers of the law, men. Fight well. Stay safe."

"Yes sir!" replied the unit, before they and Kara walked off to investigate the curled up figure on the beach. Naraka materialized Vijaya in her hands, and Domino slid his pistol from his holster, cocking it.

"Let's head inland." he said, turning to the rest of the SORA.

---

< WDR's Office >

"Who the fuck are you?" replied Reed, pulling a double-barreled revolver from his cabinet and aiming it at Christoph Waltz. "And you better answer me quick pal because I will shoot you."
    Paws the Gryphon
    Paws the Gryphon

Coins : 3770

Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Left_bar_bleue0/0Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Paws the Gryphon Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Evander gave a look that could only be described as cold and salty. He never really liked Agent Solemn, and almost loathed receiving orders from him; there was something about his attitude that just rubbed the griffon the wrong way.

"I'll go, but for the love of God, do not call me Blackfeather... I have a first name, you know." Evander quipped as he hopped down from his chair, walking past the standing agent, "And for the record, your wedding ring is made of fake gold."

<Some hours later, Outskirts of Rockbay City, Connecticut>

"Come on, James, we haven't got all night!"

"Yes, sir, I am aware of this, but there are cars in front of us."

The ride over from Washington had been long, rainy, and all around dreadful. Several times during the trip Evander's driver, James, had to stop and push the car because it had gotten stuck in the mud, and while he had done that admirably, his city driving made the griffon want to tear his feathers out sometimes... Safe, slow and proper, even when they were running late.

Within a few minutes of arriving in town, though, they had reached their destination. Without another word, Evander hopped out of the car as soon as James opened the door, stretching out his wings in a long, grand gesture.

"Ah... Now I remember why I hate car rides..." he muttered as he started walking towards where he was supposed to be meeting his handlers for the coming weeks.
    Kon
    Kon
    The Chronicler
    The Chronicler

Coins : 15485

Post by Kon Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:04 am

After what felt like forever, Albrecht and Kurt reached the bottom of a spiralling set of stairs. In front of them was a large waterside dock on a secret underground river. The river connected to several large tunnels that branched off in different directions, and an impressively large submersible vehicle sat in the middle. The submersible appeared large enough to contain several floors and accommodate a maximum of ten people at any time.

The two brothers took a moment to admire the submersible, the likes of which were rarely seen in this era (if at all), before climbing aboard. Albrecht was the first, who opened the hatch and descended into the vehicle. Seconds later, an otherworldly green glow radiated from the opening, and Kurt stepped in front of it to get a closer look.

The first thing he noticed was that it green in colour and somewhat warm on his skin. He hesitantly climbed down into the upper level, covering his eyes when the glow suddenly intensified. His eyes took a moment to adjust, after which he saw his brother excitedly peering into a large wooden crate at the end of the room. The crate, and the others around it, seemed to contain the sources of the glowing light, which he could see seeping through the cracks.

Kurt walked up to his brother to better see what he was doing. Albrecht had put on a pair of protective goggles and was holding what looked like a glowing green crystal in his hand. When he noticed Kurt beside him, he quickly put the crystal back in its crate and closed it shut. The lingering glow in the room faded, and Albrecht removed his goggles to give his brother a disapproving glare.

"Ah, there you are." Albrecht said. "Now you listen, and you listen good. It seems, and now I believe it, it is the fucking serious shit. Their science, their technology, they've gone nuts on this. I'm don't know where this stuff came from, all I know is that, if it gets into the wrong hands, we're fucked. And not just you and me, I mean the whole fucking world. Are you following?"

Kurt nodded, not really having anything to say.

Albrecht continued. "Good. Now, these crystals do have a name, but I'm not authorized to know it. What I AM authorized to know is that the Murphys and their allies value this material VERY highly, and when these crystals are broken, weird shit happens and I am sent to clean up the mess it creates. Permanently. With guns. Any questions?"

Kurt shook his head, so Albrecht turned away and started to climb up the ladder back onto the dock. Just when he reached the top rung, he looked back to give his brother one final warning.

"If you fuck this up, even just a little, I will personally fill your ass so full of bullets that you'll be shitting lead for months. However, if everything goes well, you'll get all I promised you earlier and maybe even a birthday card this year. Adios."

With that, Albrecht disappeared from view and the hatch slammed shut behind him.

"Love you too." Kurt muttered sadly.

The next few hours were completely uneventful. Kurt kept himself occupied by exploring the submersible, but unfortunately, it seemed like it was smaller on the inside. At one point, he managed to find a fridge filled with cans of Bepis™-brand soda, which he personally had no taste for. Wherever he went and whatever he did, he always found himself drawn back to the glowing green crates.

After sitting and staring in front of the crates for a while, Kurt could stand it no more and lifted the lid off the crate Albrecht had been rummaging in earlier. The crate was filled to the brim with these crystals, as he expected, and he picked one up in his right hand. It was warm to the touch and had a smooth texture. Too smooth. Before he could react, it slipped out of his hand and shattered over the floor, releasing some kind of gas.

Kurt screamed and panicked, not because of the gas, but because he would now suffer the wrath of his brother. He bent down to try and scrape the broken shards together, but only succeeded in inhaling more of the gas he had released. It cornered and engulfed him, entering every orifice of his body until he could no longer breathe. After the worst few moments of Kurt's life, he passed out due to shortness of breath and collapsed onto the floor.
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:15 am

<Outskirts of Rockbay City, Connecticut>

Evander met with a Wiseman agent and a BOI agent, and went with them to be briefed by Captain Domino himself. Events occurred, and soon Evander found himself on Chowder Island with some of the Protectors and with the Captain.

---

<North Port, Chowder Island, Massachusetts>

The curled up figure rocked back and forth, crying and sobbing like a young child. He suddenly began speaking in his regular voice, laughing and muttering phrases. First, in English. Then, in a tongue unknown to Kara and the other Wisemen....

The Shadow Operative: "There's a town less than a mile away from here. I recommend putting away your weapons once we get there, we don't want to scare people into thinking we're criminals and Bearcats."

Bravarius: "Coming from you, that means a lot."

Bravarius walked next to Evander, and smiled at him warmly.

Bravarius: "Hello, Evander, I am Bravarius. It is a pleasure to meet you. Am I correct in assuming that you are an Egyptian Griffon? I was humbled with the opportunity to visit such a beautiful land during my many travels upon this great Earth!"

The Willbender (aka Evelyn, Nif's character): "He was a sailor once."

Bravarius was about to respond, when his ears suddenly perked up. The man in a fetal position that the Wisemen were about to investigate spoke in a language he could understand.

Bravarius: "That tongue....it's Coptic."

He walked to the beach and slowly approached the man. Evander and the others followed.

Bravarius: "Why in the world is a rag-a-muffin like that speaking Coptic in New England?"

Suddenly, The Shadow Operative detected unusual amounts of power coming from the individual on the beach.

TSO: "Wait!"

The man in the fetal position then muttered to himself in a language that Evander understood: Yàfarì. But how was this possible? Humans were nigh incapable of fluency in the Griffon tongue, and yet here was a human speaking it like a native.

Bravarius ignored The Shadow Operative's warning, and turned the man over. He was taken aback by what he saw, and several in the group gasped. The enigmatic individual had been blinded, likely due to some trauma.

The Victim: "The sun is rising. The sun is rising! Everything will be okay. The sun is rising!"

Only the sun was not rising. In fact, in a few hours, it would set.

The Victim continued muttering maniacally, engaged in a conversation with himself.

The Shadowed One: "Captain, could we get him medical attention off of this island? I have the feeling something is very, very wrong here."

Bravarius: "We must keep searching. Perhaps someone in the town has answers."

Another man in a sailor suit calmly passed by, ignoring everyone. He worked at the island's North Port. His name was Captain Reynolds.

Captain Reynolds: "Ore wa....jigoku ni iru."

The SORA had two options: interview Reynolds, or move to the town.

---

<WDR's Office, Rockbay City Hall, Connecticut>

The man calmly smiled, as though the gun were a mere toy. Mayor Reed instantly knew that this individual was a super, or at the very least someone who had experience with getting guns pointed at him. He spoke in fluent German with an Austrian accent.

???: "Der Weg ist in Dir."

He smiled once again, then spoke in fluent English.

???: "The Way Is Present In You. I am Herr Landa. You know who I am with. We simply wanted to check on your progress and inform you of recent...occurrences. Apologies for the show on Kings District. Herr Commandant Heyerdahl has a tendency for theatrics. But proceed with what you were doing. The mob seems to be satisfied with you in power, and they have worked either with you or against you. Even this....Queen of Spades appears to have fallen in line. Everything is going according to plan, save for a minor detail."

Mayor Reed: "The Vedic Cannon."

???: "Herr Doktor Zucker has sensed it. We hope that you have not attracted one of them to turn against us. Such a grievous error would truly damage our relationship with our European patrons. Fix this problem, or else Zucker will be the one who visits you next. It would be unfortunate if you ended up on the wrong side of his temper, or of mine."

The man caressed a photograph of Reed and his child that was on his desk. He looked at Reed, and laughed.

???: "But otherwise, everything is good! All is going according to his plan. Oh, and we found The Necronomicon. But please, do tell me, how are you?"

The man sat in a chair in front of Reed's desk. He crossed his legs, and clasped his arms together, leaning forward as though he would listen intently.

OOS: BTW him and Waltz's character from "Inglorious Basterds are brOTHers with an age difference.

---

The thief that was stopped by Minatop some time earlier angrily walked in, waving hello to Albrecht as he passed by him at the warehouse. It turns out that he was an affiliate of the Murphy family.

Albrecht: "Hey! How'd your pickpocketing go?"

The Thief: "I....Lost....."

Albrecht: "What, why?"

The Thief explained his encounter with a mysterious individual who beat him up, then angrily shoved his hands in his pockets. He made a Bronx Cheer.

The Thief: "Why is everyone so mean to me? It's nothing personal! Do they want me to bump off myself? To kill yourself?"

The Thief fought back the tears and punched himself repeatedly, calling himself a "beta bitch". He calmed down and shook his head.

The Thief: "Wow....so beta....."
    redwolfmoon99
    redwolfmoon99

Weird Games: A BZPB SORAverse Story Empty Arrival At The Island

Post by redwolfmoon99 Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:42 pm

[ Chowder Island Coast, Chowder Island, Massachusetts ]

Zephyr waved a farewell to the silhouette of what seems to be an inconspicuous fishing vessel as it retreats back into the foggy waters surrounding Chowder Island. Taking a refreshing sip from his vodka flask, the Russian turned to his lone companion, the Thark Izzy Kandar.

"Well, thanks for tagging along, Izzy. I mean, I could probably take care of shit by myself if the deal had went to hell, but it's always good to have an extra gun just to be on the safe side."

Slinging his Fedorov Avtomat onto his back, Zephyr turned away from the shore and prepared to head back inland.

"Anyways, the contact said there's a town somewhere near here and they'd probably have somewhere we can get some booze. Why don't we head over there and see if we can clear out their stock?" Zephyr flashed a conspiratorial grin at his alien friend.
    JS
    JS
    Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Cruel Angel's Thesis

Post by JS Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:20 pm

WDR's Office

Reed smirked. "You know, I find it humorous that Herr Zucker is wise enough to know about the existence of the Vedic Lunar Cannon, but not how it works. Do you know what a laser is?"

Landa guffawed. "Of course, Herr Reed - the laser was originally proposed by Thule scientists, after all."

"Who reverse-engineered it from Vedic schematics."

Landa fell silent.

"The Vedic Lunar Cannon was never intended to be used as a weapon - if it was, they wouldn't have built it on the dark side of the moon, now, would they? It's a two-stage nuclear pulse laser, using the energy generated from a controlled nuclear explosion to generate a laser beam powerful enough to propel colony ships out of Earth's gravity well and towards the other planets of the solar system. It is - or was - a tool of peaceful exploration, not war."

"But it does one job just as well as the other?"

"The reflection mirrors in orbit of the moon are still facing Earth, but the cannon's on board AI won't fire if it detects the DNA of its creators in its path - it's a fail-safe built in to prevent it being used as a weapon of mass destruction."

"But, regardless, it was."

"Only with the help of the Master Access Key - which I don't have, and neither does Naraka."

"Then where is it?"

Reed smirked, pulling a cigar from his drawer, and lighting it. He took a large puff from it, before turning to Landa, jeering.

"Mars. So, don't worry, Herr Landa - as long as there are at least two Three Kingdomers in any given location, the cannon can't be fired. So your problems only start if you try and take me out - which, being a valued ally of my office, I know you won't."

---

Chowder Island

Kara frowned, grinding her teeth. "Good grief. I don't like this. I don't like this one bit." she said, watching as Captain Reynolds walked past. "Let's move into town. Something amiss is going on here... this truly must be the work of Thule."

"We should investigate these two first, ma'am." replied one of the Wisemen. Kara sighed, pulling her jacket, revealing a black vest underneath. She slid her BAR off from around her chest and handed it to the soldier, pulling her customized M1911 and checking the magazine.

"You're right. Stay here and check these two out. I'm going into town to find out what's going on. If I'm not back within the next four hours, leave without me."

"That's wholly unnecessary, ma'a-"

"Good grief, Lieutenant. Commander Domino has seen fit to place me in charge. Do you really expect me to pass up this opportunity to prove myself to him?"

"N-No, ma'am."

"That's more like it." she replied, heading into town.

---

Unknown

Remy awoke. The sound of waves gently crashing against the cliffside sunk into his ears, but as he awoke, he could see a thin grey miasma enveloping the room he was it. He sat up - he was laying in bed, in what appeared to be some kind of wooden cabin. He walked to the bedroom door an opened it.

"He's awake, mommy!"

Remy turned. A little girl was looking at him, open-eyed. She smiled.

"We thought you were a gonner!"

Remy scratched the back of his head. "Where... where am I?"

"Chowder Island, duh! Come on, mom's made us breakfast."

Remy followed her into the kitchen. A young boy was sat at the table, along with their mom - Remy could only surmise he had been found unconscious and taken in by a nearby family. Remy gazed at the woman as she dished up the meal - wearing a low-cut, close-fitting dress, her neck framed by rings of curly blonde hair, and her face dolled up with cherry red lipstick and smoky black eyeliner, she looked like a model from some beauty catalogue - she reminded Remy of a woman he had once interviewed for a newspaper piece.

"Like what you see?" she replied, smirking.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, 'like what you see?'. You haven't eaten in days, so you must be starving, right?"

The food. He looked down at the table - a seat had been prepared for him. Eggs, bacon, sausages and pancakes sat waiting for him. He sat down, and began to eat. This is good. This is really good.

"How is it?" asked the mom, leaning over the desk towards him. He leant backwards. "In fact, kids, take your food into the other room. We have adult things to discuss."

"Sure thing, mom." replied the young boy, as he and his sister left, closing the door behind them. The woman stood up, running her hands from from her sides to her hips.

"I... I'm sorry, I can't remember much of what's happened recently... But, whatever you did, thank you. I don't think I'd be alive if it weren't for you."

"I've still got more to offer." she added, sliding one of the straps of her dress down over her shoulder. Remy paused.

Something's not right... this is like something from a smutty pulp fiction novel.

"You, uh, you do not have to do that, ma'am."

"But I do. You got me so excited... betraying Thule like that."

"THULE?!" replied Remy, jumping backwards off his chair. "What do you know about-"

The mist, he thought. It's been here all this time... it's a bright, warm day, yet this house is flooded with this misama...

"Weather... Experience..." replied Remy, wrapping his hands around a steak knife.

"Remy... Dantes..." replied the woman. "You should be thankful, really. Heyerdahl wanted to lock you in the coldest dungeon he could find, but I managed to pull a few strings... anything for an old friend.

"I don't believe we're aquainted."

"Then you aren't remembering hard enough. You know what happened here ten years ago - an entire regiment of the US Army assigned to protect a small island off the coast of Rockbay, far away from the conflict in Europe. That day I broke your ribs, I did you the greatest favor a friend could do; I got you sent home a week before the experiments began."

"Malychar?"

"The man himself!" roared the woman, cackling maniacally. "Only, not so much a man anymore. I'm not anything, really - they stripped me of all those irrelevant labels; age, gender, race. Thule truly enlightened me when they gave me this new existence."

Remy looked around the room. "This miasma..."

"This is the light of my soul."

"But why are you doing this?"

"Because The Way is present in me. I have seen the future proposed by Thule, and I will stop at nothing to help Herr Zucker achieve their goals."

"Does that include... possessing this innocent woman? And her children?"

"They're not under my control. But if you attempt to escape this house... they will be. And the cliff ledge outside could look very tempting to children of such an adventurous age."

"Bastard-!!"

"Say what you want, Dantes. In a few days, your time will come. You will make your contribution to The Way, and then will pass from this world. I have given you an opportunity to make your peace I suggest you take it."

"I'll do whatever you want, Malychar... but leave these people alone! They've done nothing to deserve this treatment!"

"Oh, but Remy..." replied Malychar, pulling the strap of her dress back up. "Why would I stop that... when it's so much fun?"

"You... Bastard..."

"It's been a long time since boot camp. Why don't we take this opportunity to get reacquainted?" replied Malychar, smirking.

---

Chowder Island, Sky Pillar

Photinus stood at the top of the stone pillar which overlooked at the rest of the island, gazing out heroically at the view below, as the wind rushed through his robes. Two masked soldiers emerged from the spiral staircase leading up to the top of the pillar, before saluting.

"Commander Heyerdahl. Reports say the enemy has landed on the island."

"Has Herr Zucker been made aware?"

"Yes, my lord."

"And has special protection been sent to safeguard out guest."

"Yes, my lord."

Heyerdahl grinned. "Then all that's left to do... is watch."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 am